Never bring rubbish to a bin chicken fight - game review

No I did not, that really sucks.

I think I’m more ■■■■■■ off at Myers and Heppell laughing than the actual result of the game. It shows that those two think the game is just a job and everything they say is just learned rote and meaningless.

These guys should be BLEEDING that they lost.

I need some help Blitzers. I am over in Twitter constantly hitting refresh to see Hepell’s apology tweet for smiling and laughing after the game but I can’t see it. I am obviously doing something wrong so any help appreciated.

I’m so glad they didn’t pay that free for shaking the post. It only would have covered the cracks of a downhill skiing woeful performance that they served up once again and laughed about afterwards. Maybe we should all just pretend that 9th is the best we can do…therefore we currently sit in the top 4!

2 Likes

I would be absolutely shocked if we got anywhere near 10 wins out of the last 14

Essendon bombing the ball forward in the last 10 min

4 Likes

No you didn’t.

1 Like

You guys losing your ■■■■ over Myers smiling need to get a grip.

2 Likes

The forward don’t lead, they all play from behind and call for it over the top. Except Fanta.

They will as they love whipping us. But you cannot argue that we are crap. But after watching Woosha’s presser I struggle to tell if it is the players or coaching that is to blame.

1 Like

Here are the Midfield Frequency Stats from the game - or in other words an overall summary of how often our players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at centre bounces.

NB> Given the ■■■■■■ camera angles and our continued love affair with being the only AFL team to consistently play the 2nd winger off the back of the square, unfortunately the person who was the legit 2nd winger couldn’t always be identified, so as McKenna technically was the starting winger on those occasions he appears instead.

Overall Summary - 25 Bounces

Zaka 19 (13w, 6i)
Shiel 17 (1w)
Merrett 16 (1w)
Heppell 16 (10i, 6w)
Guelfi 10 wing
Ham 9 wing
Smith 8 (1w)
Stringer 8
Myers 7
Walla 5
McKenna 5 wing
McGrath 3 wing
Parish 1
Fantasia 1 wing

Rucks:
T-Bell 19
Z.Clarke 5
Stringer 1

Bonus Stat: Winger starting off the Back of the Square:

Heppell 5
Zaka 5
Guelfi 4
Merrett 1
Ham 1

What the Swans were serving up:

Florent 22 wing
Hewett 22 (2w)
Jones 21 (20w, 1i)
Kennedy 19
Parker 17
Heeney 15 (3w)
Fox 4
Dawson 2 wing
Papley 2
Jack 1 wing

Sinclair 22
Reid 3

1st Half - 15

Zaka 13 (7w, 6i)
Shiel 10 (1w)
Merrett 10 (1w)
Guelfi 9 wing
Heppell 8 (6w, 2i)
Ham 7 wing
Smith 6 (1w)
Stringer 4
Myers 4
Walls 2
McKenna 1 wing
McGrath 1 wing

T-Bell 12
Z.Clarke 2
Stringer 1

Final Term - 5

Shiel 4
Heppell 4 (1w)
Merrett 3
Zaka 2 wing
Stringer 2
McKenna 2 wing
McGrath 2 wing
Guelfi 1 wing
Ham 1 wing
Smith 1
Walla 1
Myers 1
Fantasia 1 wing

T-Bell 4
Z.Clarke 1

Notes:

• McGrath went from our most frequently used mid last round to playing backline
  • 3rd straight game where Myers has attended less than 50% of bounces and essentially played more as a forward
  • Given there were 5 times the back of the square role (wing) couldn’t be picked up, its possibly Ham had more than 1 start there, but still a very odd choice to be the one in the role for the final bounce of the match.
5 Likes

I don’t know what I’m more disappointed by, the fact that this club keeps making the same mistakes over and over again, or that I keep letting myself get sucked in…

4 Likes

The moment for me where I finally snapped was when heppell got the ball on the outside in the dying stages. He then proceeded to kick the ball 50m to the two Sydney players out the back when our forwards were actually fricking leading for once. He can’t make a kick for goal from 30 but made that kick? The irony wasn’t lost on me.

8 Likes

Parish went to one centre bounce? One? FMD. I just don’t know where to start.

Sack the entire coaching team now, please, no more.

24 Likes

You know who’s loving this ATM. GWS. They have our first round draft picks for the next 2 years. This years appears to be a top 5 pick.

1 Like

they’ve broken ivan.

1 Like

That was bizarre.
Wasn’t even angry, it was just…how is that even possible?

1 Like

Would it be fair to say then that it’s really Zaharakis that Parish is competing with?

Watching on the TV I had no clue that Zakka was being given so many minutes on the ball (thought he started well - didn’t notice him much in the 2nd half).

I actually prefer McGrath in the backline. He was terrible last week, but looks assured and creative down back.

3 Likes

I made the throwing motion but I didn’t let go of the remote. I hit the off button though.

1 Like

Not good enough at tackling. As we’re at best a low-mid midfield we just cough up chance after chance and eventually the oppo get through to open space far too often.

Can’t kill a contest on the ground or in the air.

Our speed weapon looks gone.

Disposal, lol.

Umpiring is consistently unfair but we’ve had to live with that for a very long time now.

Most our good players were developed elsewhere, Shiel (off tonight), Smith, Saad, String.

Time to face the realisation we’re getting nada from top picks Parish, Francis, Langford, Laverde and that’s going to hurt. We need to be a seller not a buyer and get back into r1/r2 drafts.

Hope some other kids get chances and we find some can play, and play without getting injured.

Fant-asia sounds better for the theatre, sorry raz.

Back in the zone of not caring, just like the players.

2 Likes