New Blitz Thread

how do i unbookmark a thread?

Wipe Rolo’s server

I have a suspicion Like’s might be the root cause of the issue here. I’m disabling in the hope to keep Blitz humming tomorrow during the game, as I’ll be AFK again this week.

Good news is, if it is the Like’s, there’s an updating coming ‘soon’ which should help.

I have a suspicion Like's might be the root cause of the issue here. I'm disabling in the hope to keep Blitz humming tomorrow during the game, as I'll be AFK again this week.

Good news is, if it is the Like’s, there’s an updating coming ‘soon’ which should help.

Where do you host it? I’ve had quite a play with the vanilla software and never encountered these problems.

I have a suspicion Like's might be the root cause of the issue here. I'm disabling in the hope to keep Blitz humming tomorrow during the game, as I'll be AFK again this week.

Where do you host it? I’ve had quite a play with the vanilla software and never encountered these problems.

Web24.

Does your ‘playing with’ Vanilla include 1.5m page views and 25k comments a month? :smiley:

1.5 million PV’s a month!!

Wow.

Dropping Like has dropped the load significantly, though obviously there’s not many people on right now.

I’ll be leaving them off for the rest of the day so hopefully Blitz can survive Patton’s 13 goals.

Dropping Like has dropped the load significantly, though obviously there's not many people on right now.

I’ll be leaving them off for the rest of the day so hopefully Blitz can survive Patton’s 13 goals.

This.

• that’s how you used to like a post, back in the old days
Dropping Like has dropped the load significantly, though obviously there's not many people on right now.

This.

• that’s how you used to like a post, back in the old days

+1

FKG CONCUR

Plus super

■■■■■■■ you all for getting in first.

Just got a ‘There was an error performing your request. Please try again.’ pop-up when trying to post…

Seen that a couple times in recent weeks.

Game thread broken on page 15, is repeating posts from before the game started.

Game thread broken on page 15, is repeating posts from before the game started.
That's a feature of the software. Riolio trying to turn back time to 2000 when we were last good.

So … it’s better then?

Not saying it’s fixed, but it appears to be better.

Have to say so … it’s like it’s on hyper load by comparison to, … you know, …the dark time.

Well, I can’t say I’ve seen it screw up like that before. For six minutes (5:06-5:14) posts weren’t allowed in the one thread only, and the first page of posts got re-posted as page 15.

That sure is something!

I think the issue was the Like button, which came from a separate add-on to Vanilla. The CPU using is still slowly, slowly winding down. I don’t know if that means it’s safe to turn Likes back on or if they just get left off until that new version comes.

The timing of the slow-downs doesn’t seem to suggest that either the peak use of the site, or Likes, are the primary culprit.

Seems to me it’s probably something else on the server, like how that backup or whatever used to kick off at midnight every day and kill the site.