New Blitz Thread

Nah not Peak use or lots of people liking at once, but rather the culmination of Like data built up and up.

Ah OK. But the site has gone all Vanilla panic merchant.

Ah OK. But the site has gone all Vanilla panic merchant.

+1

Something weird going on for me in regards to the Our Coach James Hird thread.

New posts show up on the feed, but when clicked go to a post dated June 3rd or such, & not showing any posts after Zimmers post on August 3rd. - More lawsuits than the dissolution of the Beatles.

Yeah I noticed that too.

Damn, today would have been the perfect test… a gazillion missed Likes!

Can’t believe i’ve been on blitz for 11-12 years and I’m lost without likes. Something wrong with me brahs.

Closed the Hird thread because it was borked; not because of my raging anti-Hird narrative.

Was it the same thing as happened in the game day thread?

Closed the Hird thread because it was borked; not because of my raging anti-Hird narrative.

Of course an AFL plant would say that.

Sounds to me like you’ve been sucked in by the media

Also, having Likes taken away is far more annoying than I thought it would be.

It’s like going back to catching a bus after you’ve got your licence. Sure, you get to where you’re going, but it’s farkin sh*t.

Was it the same thing as happened in the game day thread?

Nah, it looked like people were posting to the Hird thread but new posts weren’t appearing. But the thread was being bumped back up the ‘recent discussions’ list each time.

Just crossing my fingers it doesn’t happen to any more threads…

Thinking of bringing back Likes again, but if it slows the site down again we’re just going to have to make do without them until they’re updated.

:confused:

(resists temptation to Like above post)

there is a short delay opening threads.
Not as bad as the weekend though.

Wow, it really is the likes causing havoc. They come back and the site starts dragging its balls again.

Yep, it’s Likes. I do not like this. Didn’t expect it to instantly make an impact again.

Anyone getting those 522 or other errors today as well? Wondering if we can say they’re connected.

No errors for me today.

Yet :slight_smile:

They’re probably coming if we leave Likes on again for long enough.

Is ther alternative like software? Or is this one the only choice?