New Blockbuster - Country Game vs Geelong Round 4 (thanks to Sheeds)

We're just about at 'blockbuster game' saturation point.

The whole thing is just a ‘blockbuster awareness’ campaign.

Nice idea, although I think scheduling it the week before Anzac Day is a bit rough.

Apparently the AFL are giving Geelong an extra home game at Skilled Stadium next year and we're playing there.

Please tell me your joking!

We'll find out this week but will be a disgrace of true

I’m a country member. (I’ll get my coat…)

We’ll bring at least one Pig.

Im happy blockbuster match means we play cats at mcg rather than etihad. Winning.

Great stuff, go Sheddy.

I'm a country member. (I'll get my coat...)

I never forget.

We're just about at 'blockbuster game' saturation point.

Not until we have the Pharmaceutical Cup vs West Coast

Blockbuster fatigue?

country game, played in the heart of the city. yep…

Block buster fatigue?

Sounds good.

Reckon they should for 1 round send teams to country stadiums to play. Go all out.

Can’t wait for the tractor pull at half time.

country game, played in the heart of the city. yep...

Don’t think we need to raise awareness for the country folk in the country, think they are pretty aware of the issues facing them whereas alot of folk in the city are oblivious to it.

MCG is home of football. It has to be there.

And we will play a NAB game in various country locations each year against the Cats anyway.

Great initiative.

And the big EFC games so early in season is great for membership push. Country Game, Anzac Day, Dreamtime at G.

Minnow clubs can continue to sell off games to Darwin!

My only question is how will they be opening up the stands to allow me to park my largely orange, but with one black door, HQ ute - replete with couch, kelpie & 3 eskies - up against the fence??

What is still to be announced is that each player on the winning team will be presented with a tray of lamb chops which will need to be added into the club’s Salary Cap payments!!

What is still to be announced is that each player on the winning team will be presented with a tray of lamb chops which will need to be added into the club's Salary Cap payments!!

Jay Neagle to present it

There’s a lot of people doing it real tough in rural Australia. I hope this “country week” doesn’t shy away from the mental issues that many farmers are facing. There’s a chance to do some real good through this, and I hope they get it right.

Apparently there will be a pre-match motorcade except the retired players will ride cows around the boundary.

Can we hold a pre-game vote to put a retired player of our choice on a bull. Big entertainment value!!!