New Blockbuster - Country Game vs Geelong Round 4 (thanks to Sheeds)

Every week’s country week at the Cattery.

What happened to the Eureka game. North and Richmond I think it was. I think these things happen better organically rather than manufactured like this

Which themed blockbuster happened organically?

What happened to the Eureka game. North and Richmond I think it was. I think these things happen better organically rather than manufactured like this

Well the ANZAC Day game started with an ill timed sortie onto a turkish beach …

coat?

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds about as exciting as a Melbourne vs Port game at Etihad (outside the fact we are playing in it)?

Like all of Sheedy’s ideas, the value of this day won’t be seen immediately, but in time we will come to see the genius of it. Modern day Australia was built on the back of farming and it’s an integral part of our history, but how many city kids know just how pivotal farmers have been to our current standard of living? It’s a chance not only to celebrate the country, but also an opportunity for farmers (many of whom are isolated and lack access to health services - suicide rates for men are up to 6 times higher in rural communities) to get a sense of the esteem in which they are held by city folk.

Yep. It’s another game at the MCG. Gotta be happy with that. I don’t think we’ve played them there since that Round 1, 2010 match when Jay Neagle had his career ending brain fade. Entertaining game that one…

Apparently there will be a pre-match motorcade except the retired players will ride cows around the boundary.

Fog, you can’t joke because 90% of us will think this is actually true and club endorsed.

Agree fog, stop milking it.

Depends on how you talk about it but ANZAC day is unrecognisable from how it started.

Wonder if there’ll be a teat pulling contest at half time … that might bring all the boys to the yard??

Wonder if there'll be a teat pulling contest at half time .. that might bring all the boys to the yard??

A little risque, don’t you think?

Oh…you mean the cows!

Depends on how you talk about it but ANZAC day is unrecognisable from how it started.

Well, yes.
It would get a bit tricky to invade every year.

Well, yes.
It would get a bit tricky to invade every year.

USA seem to be able to do it.

I'm a country member. (I'll get my coat...)

I feel like I’ve seen that somewhere before…

I’m a little underwhelmed by this announcement.

I like how the Club is trying to think of new things to try but this really is just a half of a new idea i.e. the idea to have a game celebrating rural Australia is new but having a themed game is a bit overdone now.

I'm a country member. (I'll get my coat...)

I feel like I’ve seen that somewhere before…

Are you a gynecologist, perhaps?

If we’re bringing utes to the game surely they’ll have a circle work comp in the centre square at some stage?

If we're bringing utes to the game surely they'll have a circle work comp in the centre square at some stage?

For sure. And a ping the stop sign from the back of a moving ute display.

So how does the new draw equalization work again in terms of who you play twice. For us it will be 2 from the both 6th 2 from middle 6th and 1 from the top 6th.

so
Top - hawks
Middle - Cats
Middle - Pies
Bottom - GC
Bottom - Saints

one could reasonably expect we would get the blues twice but i think the powers that be would still rather screw us.

Didn’t they say we’ll only be playing Collingwood once next season?