New Board Member - Andrew Welsh

Welsh’s appointment is the meteroite that wiped out prehistoric life.

Hope he’s useful at board level but I dunno what Welsh brings to the table other than a hectic property portfolio. Has he been involved in footy at all since retirement?

1 Like

Think he did a stint as part of C7 AFL program media team.

2 Likes

Yeah he was doing special comments for a little while but sucked at it lol he joked about it when I heard him speak at a function before the Carlton/150 year game.

1 Like

But to be expected.
Would be great if ex players formed part of the non elected members on the board.
Even if Welsh was on a ballot, he’d win. Just like Sheeds before him and Wellman over Paul Cousins before that.

1 Like

I will never forget that sickening vision when he busted his lower leg at Skinner Reserve. It must be still aching.

Looks like he did too

To be fair, GOD never came up with anything better…

Still remember his debut, against North in a night match. Took some gutsy marks and played well.

@Bacchusfox for you mate

Ripping song

1 Like

Footy players not necessarily good at board/ management level.

That he’s been extremely successful in his post AFL career is self evident. I’m very hopeful he will be a valuable addition to the board

2 Likes

so its safe to say welsh bought ivan

2 Likes

Aussie classic !

Well that was a letdown.

Ironically most people would seem to be annoyed with the fact that it would be harder to do what you say/imply running against a guy who will get voted in in december based on being a former player. the point being if he hadn’t of played for the club previously he wouldn’t be being used, like previously has by this club, as a puppet to shore up the votes on the board via parachuting him into an elected position.

so i’d hazard a guess most are annoyed that the same process is happening as previous, it’s just the ship is sailing in a different direction.

i mean sure if it works this time, no one will give a ■■■■, if it doesn’t work, you know what will happen ?
the exact same thing next time it’ll just be a different former player being “elected” in due to playing day achievements and general knowledge.

1 Like

It’s the Constitution!

as long as he doesn’t do high loopy kicks sideways across half back he’ll have my full support

1 Like

That’s Heppell country now!