New Boxing Coach

Would prefer he taught punches to the head, but it’s a start I guess

Would prefer he taught punches to the head, but it's a start I guess

Nah, punching people in the head is for mugs. Too easy to damage your hands. Constant body shots are the go.

Or if you are a nasty ■■■■■■■, the throat is always an enticing shot.

I'm not a fan.  I don't know why.  It just makes me feel awkward / deja vu / nervous.

What are his connections, who does he know, has he been to New Mexico?

On the other side, adding boxing to Jobe Watsons off-season created the biggest turnaround in a career I've ever seen.  So here's hoping.

They definitely need to go another level....Hawks, Sydney, Geelong still out muscle them but not by a lot.

What he has achieved is phenomenal physically but the mental side of things is where his knowledge and experience will be invaluable. Hopefully he can impart on the boys that mental capacity to push through when the body says otherwise, to take hits and bounce back up again & again & again.
And when we play the Hawks, beat the living suitcase out of them.

wait did we do a thorough background check? you know call references from 4 years ago despite being hired with an AFL run club like the gold coast in the mean time?

Yes, but can he operate a fridge?

No but he can punch its lights out. 

I heard,whilst fighting 100 blokes,he still took  it upon himself to find a needle in a haystack. 

Nah, punching people in the head is for mugs. Too easy to damage your hands. Constant body shots are the go.

GF day, no send off rule. Whatever it tacos.

This guy would have been handy on Hird’s front lawn last year.

Mmmm, tacos.

The team needed this.

They need to go another level in physicality within their game.

The pressure from Freo, Hawks, Sydney and Geelong will be the benchmark.

The punishment needs to go both ways.

Yeah, I'm not sure we are really all that lacking in that area. 

Consistency in being able to maintain that level of pressure, I'd agree with. But the physical side of it? I actually think we're fine.  

But I'm sure Mr Fights-100-guys will help. In some way. I guess.    

Yet last year Freo is the only side we beat, who had that physical nature of the top sides, and we were pretty much ragdolled by the others, even when we were playing well. Then there's the fact once the tide turns it turns harshly.

Seeing the extremes some hardcore martial arts people go to, to get their body ready for fights, I can only imagine it'll help, in the sense players should be better prepared to take harder knocks. Whether that translates into better performances, providing you have the quality to stand up to a better bruising.

Hang on, is this guy teaching us how to cop it sweet or dish it out?

More dishing out please!

No but he can punch its lights out.
Now that's cold.

Reason maybe the kumite's are kyokushin karate - no contact to the head. It's basically tough sparring. 

Good for conditioning and those guys are tough but yeah, only body shots.

The team needed this.
They need to go another level in physicality within their game.
The pressure from Freo, Hawks, Sydney and Geelong will be the benchmark.
The punishment needs to go both ways.

Yeah, I'm not sure we are really all that lacking in that area.
Consistency in being able to maintain that level of pressure, I'd agree with. But the physical side of it? I actually think we're fine.
But I'm sure Mr Fights-100-guys will help. In some way. I guess.
Yet last year Freo is the only side we beat, who had that physical nature of the top sides, and we were pretty much ragdolled by the others, even when we were playing well. Then there's the fact once the tide turns it turns harshly.
Seeing the extremes some hardcore martial arts people go to, to get their body ready for fights, I can only imagine it'll help, in the sense players should be better prepared to take harder knocks. Whether that translates into better performances, providing you have the quality to stand up to a better bruising.

But why downplay the Freo game? They were rated as 'the' physical pressure team, yet we not only stood up to them, we overpowered them in the second half.
We dropped our intensity off, and we struggled to do it consistently over the year. But in the actual physical contest... I don't think anybody rag dolled us.

DRY GULCH

better not cry like a girl on telly when we sack him.

How can we be expected to take this guy seriously if he's never even been a rodeo clown?