New Kitchen Appliances- Kitchen Reno

They really are beautiful things.

It will be a kitchen minimal ( Just a 4m island bench, with drawer storage and dishwasher Staron solid Surface 37mm, with intergrated Staron Sink Bowels 2x ), Oven in existing fireplace and another bench to the side with a dresser.

Butlers kitchen - Fridge, sink,pantry storage, more bench space, drawers everywhere.

will upload the plan !

Just on the Samsung double fridges with ice and water, we’ve had ours for about 5 years, and it’s started to bubble and rust underneath the water dispenser.

Upon looking them up it seems that this is a common problem that comes up as early as after two years, and Samsung aren’t keen on fixing/replacing them under warranty.

Other than that the unit has been fine and we like it very much.

2 Likes

Ok so this is the main part of the kitchen, there is also a door on the right side of the fireplace, and will have the original mantle piece.

The left door leads to the butler pantry and right is a walkthrough laundry to the back porch with stairs down to the brewery umm garage.

The bench surfaces will be Staron Solid Surface in Semi-Gloss “Morning Sky” and have intergrated Staron sink Bowls x2 “Bright White”

Also will be extending the entrance to the kitchen to give a flow on effect to the back decking to the right , so most of the right wall come out.

the room size is approximately 6 x 4

a3aabe059825a5bceb7562a570d1e82bdae78d49_2_690x360 !

This is the butler pantry not the whole floor plan just the size of the cupboard range. will have drawers for better access to things at the back, probably no doors as will be able to shut the main door plus not visible from the main kitchen.

Just going for post formed laminate bench tops in here

Edit May install a beer tap in here with kegerator under the house, have cleaned out a cellar space for this directly under.

7254a85d978788ca832033d5e8404d4ac7b18594_2_690x360

And this is the laundry just lamiwood doors and panels and post formed laminate bench top

0737ea70f5a1ed7ea1ac8b3b5e9f56cff7022092_2_690x360

I would but for my lifestyle it would not really suit, as I am generally on the go, plus really over wood heating.

I already have ducted heating in the house and the thought of having to light AGA everytime I needed to cook might get a bit time consuming.

I f I was at home a lot I would certainly consider it, looks fantastic and love the tiles!

Don’t tell my wife because I argued against it but our German made Bosch has been excellent.

I went with a single door Mitsubishi inverter fridge. 4* energy rating and 5 year warranty. Looked at the double door but the freezer space seemed limited.

1 Like

Yes decided on the Bosch for the dishwasher can someone tell me what the difference in performance for the different series are ie series 4,6 and 8

The laundry pic looks neat, but there’s no taps or a water outlet over the sink…

What about bench space, or is that on the wall we cant see?

On any of the sinks that’s what buckets and hoses are for!

The kitchen has an over 5 metre x 1.5 metre big bench in the middle and a 2 metre near the door and what you see in the butler kitchen is all there will be. Not enough you think?

Don’t forget power points! Especially if you are going to have glass splashbacks!

1 Like

I always think one cannot have enough bench space, as you always need to offload something and also just for general work space.
The kitchen bench sounds like a beauty!
It’s hard for me to say what suits your purposes, so hopefully for your sake you have enough. There’s the compromise sometimes where cupboard space has to make way for a bench or vice versa.
These sorts of things are always worth taking the extra time to plan, as once in place they can be difficult and / or expensive to alter.

1 Like

Unless you’ve got something too large to fit in a 900 oven, of course.
Important to check the inner dimensions (length/ width/height, as well as volume), they can vary quite a bit for the same cabinet size.

And I’m not sure where you’re getting a 900 oven costing more than 2 x 600mm, but you got ripped off.

Good Guys and Harvey Norman will price match, won’t they?

I bet I didn’t

but you seem to think you know so good luck to you.

Looked at lots of them when we did our kitchen 3 years ago, 900mm seemed to be about 50-60% more expensive than the equivalent 600mm - nowhere near double??

It comes down to features and what you want it to do.

As I mentioned in my original post if you like baking steam combi ovens where they can assist your roasting and baking or be used for 100% steam are far superior. There is also pyro cleaning etc, even wifi control where your phone is the interface.

You can get fantastic ovens in a 600 that are ridiculously expensive 900.

Yes inner dimensions are relevant if your cooking things that require width like a suckling pig or a whole salmon. I cook those types of things in my hooded BBQ which is bigger than the internals of a 900.

That leaves me with my 600’s that I can cook in so many different ways.

If you cook more day to day stuff, a roast, a cake, a tray of chips then heating up a 900 takes longer as is far less economical. If you have 2 oven spaces you have loads more room, you can cook things at the same time on different temperatures.

Winter is coming so one oven has the lamb shanks at 140 (i would also add 30% humidity) the other oven has some roast pumpkin and yorkshire pudding at 220.

I could go on

As I said, I would prefer 2 X 600 than 1 X 900
It is just an opinion.

Robinhood folding iron board cabinet are a neat feature.

We can cook 4 x pizzas simultaneously.

The brochure for our oven says it can fit 6 whole chickens, haven’t tried that yet. Have done a few monster roasts, mostly for the “because we can” factor, could’ve easily done smaller cuts.
4 x pizzas is genuinely useful, for us anyway.

1 Like

Good guys didn’t when I showed them the pricing I had.

Huh.

Must’ve stopped doing that for online-only sellers.

Bugger.