New version of EFC theme - not to be used

Any club that actually takes the new one is ■■■■■■

Polo2Muso

whinge… whinge… whinge…

And yet here we all are.

You will find that as supporters we are more resilient than even we think we are. Doesn’t really matter what they do to us.

As an exercise, try and think of what would be the final nail in the coffin.

That’s one way of thinking of it.
Another, and I really suggest you think about this, is why we have a million supporters and maybe, if we’re lucky, 70,000 members.

You can’t kill support.
Not when it’s indoctrinated.
But you can sure as hell kill engagement.

Ten years, we were told.
At Etihad.
And every potential sell-out moved to the 'G.

■■■■ me, we’ve been lied to for a long time.

2 Likes

Club website says ‘our 2018 club song’ so I guess they’ve made their decision about which version they’re going to use.

Fixed

1 Like

I wouldn’t get too attached to ‘the bombers.’
AFL: yeah, we don’t like that.
EFC: Yes, bwana. Oh, how smart you be lookin’ today, Sir. Sorry about our symbol, boss.

Source?

I haven’t listened side-by-side, but I agree with the earlier sentiment that you won’t be able to tell which version is coming over the crappy speakers, especially if you’re singing/yelling anyway.

1 Like
  1. I’d be able to tell, I guarantee you.

2. Even if you couldn’t tell, how is “well, the new thing is kinda cr@p but at least you won’t notice” a good reason for changing anything?

Note: I’m sure you don’t actually think its a good idea to change it, I’m just making a point

Source is my own memory.
We’ve had ten blitz updates since then.

It’s ok. Needs one extra voice I reckon, and “preeemiership” is wrong, and “bowmbers” is wrong, but it’s ok. Hopefully we’ll get to hear it twice on Friday.

Very well done EFC.

15 Likes

OUTRAGE.

how will we win the prima-ship flag now?!

6 Likes

I blame Wim.

2 Likes

Good job Katie if you had anything to do with this.

It’s obviously insignificant in the larger scale of things. But these small things matter to fans I think, and small things are important regardless.

Well done again.

2 Likes

Linky

Wasn’t me SMJ - but thanks!

(Though if I end up singing it at 10pm on Friday night I don’t think I’d care which version it was.)

3 Likes

Any insight then as to how / why the (right) decision got made?

Executive made the decision, as appropriate. Suspect it would only have come to board level if they weren’t aligned in their decision.

2 Likes