New Years Resolution

I might learn a new skill in 2021. Either unicyclin’ or long e-boardin’.

Anyone have an e-board? They look like heaps of fun.

As a skater from the late ‘80-‘90 id never be seen dead near one of those.

But, if COVID has taught me one thing, and perhaps a New Years resolution, not to be such a grump, and let people enjoy themselves. So get one, enjoy yourself, they look like they can go at a fair clip.

2 Likes

I post into a new job in the new year, looking after lots of bright eyed young kids that have just finished their training and waiting for their first sea posting. My resolution is to set a good example for them to follow, and to make the waiting as bearable as possible for them. These are the kids that are the future of our Navy, and I would like them to look back at the time when everything went to ■■■■ for them and that grumpy old bastard made it a good experience. Nothing worse than having your expectations dashed early in a career.

12 Likes

Not to get upset by people who can’t use apostrophes correctly.

2 Likes

If it’s the left then let me know as I’d be very interested.

7 Likes

Might make that one a short term goal for me. Longer term I’d like to get to 40, but it seems unlikely.

But like anything, need to put in the work I guess.

Mid lockdown I had one of those “FK this I need to lift” moments, and have managed to get in 3-4 runs a week for the last 4 months (after 3-4 runs for the period Feb-Sept). I rarely run 10kms, but have gone from 53 in October to 48 in December (running comfortably, not racing) and am doing 4:30/km for 5 km, so as long as I don’t get injured (touch wood) I think the 45 is achievable.

The sub 40 is a much bigger problem and will need a lot more speed-endurance sessions if it’s even going to be achievable (maybe I should look at a sub 20 5km first).

3 Likes

I reckon that’s a good plan

1 Like

I’m right here, APPRECIATE ME.

1 Like

I think I should look at a sub 50 10m first.

2 Likes

If breaking your age is a thing in golf, perhaps it can also be for the 10km (or the 400m)

*Note, no idea how old @Shelton10 is.

You make me laugh Stal

I appreciate you

1 Like

What, that’s it?

You can fk off Davo.

3 Likes

My new years resolution is to not be on Blitz after midnight.

2 Likes

Mine is to only be on after midnight. Succeeding so far.

Already broken

2 Likes

I just fell in the river at Anglesea.

2021 already sucks.

9 Likes

Happy New Year David J Richardson

1 Like

I’m going for 25 (once every two weeks) in-person catch ups with friends I didn’t see in 2020

3 Likes