Next Generation Academies

Have we had any successes with the NGA pathway? Daniher was a F/S and Mc Niece was a Cat B rookie (and not a success anyway), McKenna etc, but have we got anyone on the list that has come through our NGA since it became a thing? Not counting Mosquito coming from Hawthorn’s NGA.

Sydney seem to have been kissed on the junk by this, but has anyone else really benefited?

1 Like

Sydney Academy is seperate from NGA academys and they invest a million a year into it.

WE havent picked up anyone from NGA yet AFAIK

We enquired if Adam Tippa was eligible in last years rookie draft?.

This early all you could say is he is probably rated
Draftable either ND or Rookie draft, by getting invited to this game. But things can change in another 12 months.

1 Like

Ben Ronke is the only AFL player who has graduated from our NGA. I don’t include McNeice as an AFL player.

Collingwood is the team that has lucked out so far, which happens to coincide with Oakleigh’s dream run in the NAB league. Hawthorn may have a good run over the next few years.

Sydney have access to every kid regardless of their cultural background, the same applies to GWS, GC and Brisbane.

I’d love it if we could afford to pump in $1 million/year into the Tiwi islands and West Arnhem. We would get a much better return on that investment than Sydney would even if they have access to half of the most populous state in the country - and more importantly.

3 Likes

Latest eligibility list for this year. We’ve got a long list, but there are a bunch of overagers on there and I don’t think any of them would be on our radar

There’s no Tippa 2 on that list

I’m officially confused

1 Like

Cody Brand also not on the list

He’s 2020 draft

1 Like

Tarryn Thomas was NGA for north last year too, which is a big win for them. The eagles also got Charlie Cameron’s brother NGA the pick after we got Mosquito. Don’t think there was a bid on him though.

The important parts

Essendon

Mohammed Abou-Eid

Kyle Baker

Dillen Brown

Lachlan Johnson

Khoder Rabah

Jeffrey Simon

Andre Srour

Isaac Suwito

Lucas Cooper

Jake Firebrace

Kyle Gillard

Ismail Moussa

Id pick Lachlan Johnson (Chris Johnsons boy) up as a Category B rookie (if passed national/rookie draft) Assume will be passed due to injury, gets him in the system and 12 months to recover from ACL and hopefully play a game of two at VFL level end of the year.

Would be good too if you could add Father sons to cat B list, - where they are good, but not quite good enough to be drafted might give them a chance?

Whether Brand proves draftable or not, he comes across as a high quality young man in that article. I hope his football lives up to his character because he’d be an asset in the club.

4 Likes

In testing, achieved a potential pun rating of 8.0 . Would fit in nicely.

At St. Kilda. Especially if he’s short.

Reminder for anyone who wants to watch our NGA prospect Cody Brand play amongst some of the better players for next years draft crop

Game starts at 10 on the AFL App and he will be number 34 for Team Dal Santo

2 Likes

Stuck working 10hr days all weekend. Any idea if this will be available somewhere to be watched later?

Anyone have access to this?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/cody-brand-to-showcase-talents-on-afl-grand-final-day-in-under17-future-allstars-game-on-mcg/news-story/a40bae7425273d5f0c2e29d55f24ac37

1 Like

It’s about 10 posts earlier in the thread…

1 Like

Anyone care to elaborate on how Brand went and anyone else aligned to us?

1 Like

I saw a brief write of how everyone in the game went. It said he took a couple of good intercept marks which showed his ability to read the game and know when to leave his man. Also made mention of his long accurate kicks.

5 Likes