Next Generation Academies

I know, but it’s far too late in the piece.
9+ teams worth of supporters have been disinterested/disengaged with the sport for 7+ weeks already.

3 Likes

“Including Hibberd we’ve actually cut 10 if Raz and Saad go, 9 senior list 1 rookie list.”

That wasn’t the first line of your post??
Which is what I responded to.

Anyone have access to the Herald Sun article just posted about two Calder Cannons prospects that could apparently become “bookends” for us?

Was posted in the draft watch thread

1 Like

I’m assuming this is the guys spoken about above…

2 Likes

Just to be clear, I did say, if we have a spot for both, then have both. That would be my preference, so we’re clearly in agreement there…

List sizes reduced, yet we can pay for a piece of ■■■■■■■ grass to be sent to the Gabba for the grand final :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Not too worried about list sizes reducing as we still have some players who could go if needed.

We must get both Brand and Eyre though.

My profile on Josh Eyre

17 Likes

Can you please update your draft profile with at least one major character flaw and a heap more weaknesses.

Weaknesses:

• Football

Would do.

No point talking the boy up at this point.

7 Likes

Great work mate, hopefully a bid doesn’t come until late and he ends up being a real gem for us once he develops a bit more.

1 Like

Don’t we wish those cat b rookies, could change, but; don’t count on it the AFL are more interested on cutting costs and will do anything they can to ensure that happens. Regardless of what that means and how that affects footy clubs. 2020 really gave the AFL the financial fright, they will make more changes this year no doubt.

He was solidly beaten in every game he played.

I don’t think that is true. He was pretty effective for us in a number of games, and well beaten in others.

Backup isn’t going to be world beaters or they wouldn’t be backup. Phillips makes the grade.

1 Like

0 is a number.

1 Like

My Cody Brand profile

15 Likes

Great work once again mate! I actually really like that he’s athletic and his strengths are as more of a shut down type - we need more of those, given we already have a strong core of intercept marking types. Great that he can launch it 50m+ easily, too.

What do you think his skills are like in general play? Will he be a liability as soon as the ball hits the deck?

Nah he is a good user of the ball, he can dump kick at times but usually it’s the right option when mucking around too much would have a worse outcome. He is solid at ground level for his size

3 Likes

Sounds like a real find for us, especially if we can get him cheap with a late bid.

As much as Blitz wants them traded, having Hooker/Hurley around for another year or so will do wonders for the development of these young key talls IMO.

2 Likes

Great write ups again Ed…!

1 Like