Next Generation Academies

A reminder that we have this kid in our academy in 2022 although if he ends up dominating we won’t be able to take him although his height might help us haha

8 Likes

I know it’s a dumb question, but what is his name?

That is amazing for a kid to get that much elevation.

1 Like

His name is in the videos description, Carlos Egan who plays for Calder

Apologies.

Is he a potential first round prospect? Or is it too early to say?

His size will count against him as he is smaller than Caleb Daniel atm haha but yeah I don’t think he will go top 30 at this stage but I still have heaps of that age group to watch

1 Like

Can he play CHF?

3 Likes

I don’t think I have ever seen Caleb Daniel get air like that!!!

1 Like

He looked bigger than everyone else at U12 level…is he still the same size at U16? How tall are his parents? Growth spurt to come?

He is currently 166cm

1 Like

At 15 or 16, could easily end up anywhere between 166 and 190! :slight_smile:

I’d prefer if he stayed on the wrong side of 180cm, gives us a better chance of keeping him

2 Likes

175 at draft camp, 188 by the end of 2023?

Looks like he is surrounded by midgets as well, plenty of draft opportunities for us. Maybe he is the new Gary Moorcroft

Only if he plays with our midfielders.

A little bit further on Cody Brand and his future as a possible lockdown defender. Brand is 196cm but his reach and arm length will help him greatly aswell. Here are the list of players from the combines with a better reach than him and their heights

Brand 265 196cm

Henry Smith 266 204cm
Riley Thilthorpe 267 201cm
Max Heath 267 203cm
Henry Walsh 272 203cm

Goes to show he should be able to match it with those taller forwards/rucks at the next level and just keep in mind he also tested better than all those players for leap.

28 Likes

Is he quick and agile enough @THE_DON1?

1 Like

Big height difference between Henry Walsh and his brother Sam Walsh.

2 Likes

In between I think, not super quick but not super slow either

Milkman

3 Likes