Next Generation Academy Players 2018

It would either be Fletcher or Hanna considering they’re pretty similar players. Carlton connection might help Dan getting picked up as a rookie by SOS

With the emergence of Zerk and we won’t pass on Fletcher so I just don’t see a need for him and as a forward/ruck he would be battling with Lavender.

1 Like

I can’t see him as anything other than a KPD at AFL even that would be a longshot, being an overager would also work against him I reckon.

8 Likes

Would we take both Hanna and Fletcher? Same role as key backs and we have plenty of them.

Highly unlikely

So who will/ should we choose?

Couldn’t possibly pick a FarkCarlton kid over a Fletcher, surely not

2 Likes

Only likely to rookie Fletch’s kid anyway. Not shown much apparently. And yes…I know he’s been injured.

Hanna I don’t think is the right option for us, unless we cleaned out both Hartley and Ambrose I don’t see a spot for him. He is impressing this year as a defender but he can go forward, Lavender’s spot is the one he would be fighting for as a forward.

We still have 2 open spots on our Cat B so hanna could get a spot there

1 Like

Can I just take this back a step for a second - is Daniel Hanna Mil Hanna’s son or is he some other relative? How is he in our next gen academy?

On Junior Fletch, has he been injured all year? Wasn’t he rated highly at the start of the year some even mentioned 1st round draft pick rated? Is he not that good or can i hang onto the hope that we are playing possum & we will pick him up cheap but will be a massive bargain?

He’s not Mil’s son - some sort of nephew or cousin I think.

He’s a multicultural academy candidate, not sure on what grounds or what his qualification for that is.

2 Likes

There is likely some middle eastern in him from one of his parents

Not enough talk about the Davey twins around here!

Because it belongs in the Jame Hird Academy thread?

2 Likes

I’ve only just caught up with how well Hanna performed in the VFL for us.

Previously I have considered Hartley to be a very worthwhile structural piece to our list…200cm defenders don’t grow on trees…or do they?

Because it would be nice if we could pull off something like:

• Get a pick for Hartley at the trade table
  • Get Fletcher onto the rookie list, and get Hanna onto the rookie/Cat B list
  • Spend another 12 months seeing Fletcher and Hanna and Lavender up close, and then pick the best one to be a 200cm defensive option for the future.

Maybe that is overkill, but if Lavender and Hanna are only occupying Cat B positions…

2 Likes

So what happens now with Brayden Rioli? Understand he’s still young but where’s he likely to be located next year & beyond? Daniel came to Vic and attended school at St Patrick’s in Ballarat if I’m not mistaken. Cyril left as a 16 year old and went to Scotch where I believe we kept close (but not close enough :joy:) tabs on him. Are there any plans to bring him to Vic & start incorporating him into the system? Apparently is an exciting prospect.

1 Like

I was under the impression he is comjng to Victoria at scotch next year but I may be getting confused with Maurice Jnr actually

I thought they both were doing that this year but an afl site article around the championships said they’d decided to remain in the NT. Jacob Long was also rumoured to be coming but never eventuated. Wonder what the plans are for 2019? Don’t think any of them are draft eligible until 2020 anyway, right?