Nfl 2014/15

The draft being only a few days away gets me excited again for the next season.

A lot of list changes still to come but I think the winners in the off season have been New England and the Broncos.

The Pats have a pretty sweet draw early on and some great match ups with Chiefs and Packers being amongst it this year.

I am a Pats fan and hope we pick up another Tight End to help out Gronkowski who I believe may start week 4.

A few years back we were at our best with Gronk and Hernandez running riot...keen to see that type of offence again.

Seattle will be hard to stop as they lost basically no one of importants to thier side.

Pre Season is in August! Bring it on!!!

A reply to: @Albert_Thurgood regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @IceTemple regarding QuoteLink
A reply to: @Blummers32 regarding QuoteLink
I think I get it now. It cannot be ruled a 'down by contact' because it was a pass play. If it was a run play, then the down by contact would have come into play. So basically, he needs to bring the ball to ground in control and without it touching the ground. The next part is whether he went to ground as part of the catch or whether he was reaching for the goal line which is where the 'football' play comes into question. While he does attempt to cross the goal line, it doesn't look like he is reaching to clear the goal line and it's more likely he went to ground as part of the catch. So basically, if it looked like there were two actions instead of just the one crashing to ground, it could be argued that it was a 'football' move and hen be deemed a fumble and then recovery instead of an incomplete pass.

While technically, the right call was made, at full speed it is tough to make the call on a similar play that would be at midfield instead of at the goal line. I also get that it opens up a far bigger can of worms if you start allowing catches been called ‘complete’ if it hits the ground in the act of catching.

Still think it a pretty ■■■■ call. I actually don’t see why you couldn’t use the ‘down by contact’ rule in a pass play and allow the line of scrimmage to have another shot from the two yard line.

Still, the better team on the day won. Green Bay made fewer errors and if it weren’t for the few fumbles and missed field goal attempts, Dallas would have won the game. I’m not sure if it was game over from the point of the overturned touchdown considering that Rodgers got the Packers well up field and still converted a few third Downs along the way. The way Rodgers was playing, he was not going to let the Packers lose. It truly was an amazing performance.

It’ll be interesting to see how he goes against the Seahawks next week. A team that can minimise the run after the catch and also stifle running backs relatively well.

It was the correct call, it was the rule and you cannot use the ground to control the ball. In his case the ground didn’t even enable him to control it, he lost it then gathered it back in. Therefore it is an incomplete pass as the ball was on the ground.

Pretty simple and was well called.

There was a rule effectively saying that the ground can’t cause a fumble. That is, if the ball is released after contact with the ground, the play is stopped. It seemed to me that he had control till his arm hit the ground. Has this rule been scrapped?

It was a bad call in my view - and I hate Dallas.

That sounds like the rule as I understood it back in the late 90s early 2000s.
It appears as though that rule has been changed in the last four or five years.

A reply to: @IceTemple regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Blummers32 regarding QuoteLink
I think I get it now. It cannot be ruled a 'down by contact' because it was a pass play. If it was a run play, then the down by contact would have come into play. So basically, he needs to bring the ball to ground in control and without it touching the ground. The next part is whether he went to ground as part of the catch or whether he was reaching for the goal line which is where the 'football' play comes into question. While he does attempt to cross the goal line, it doesn't look like he is reaching to clear the goal line and it's more likely he went to ground as part of the catch. So basically, if it looked like there were two actions instead of just the one crashing to ground, it could be argued that it was a 'football' move and hen be deemed a fumble and then recovery instead of an incomplete pass.

While technically, the right call was made, at full speed it is tough to make the call on a similar play that would be at midfield instead of at the goal line. I also get that it opens up a far bigger can of worms if you start allowing catches been called ‘complete’ if it hits the ground in the act of catching.

Still think it a pretty ■■■■ call. I actually don’t see why you couldn’t use the ‘down by contact’ rule in a pass play and allow the line of scrimmage to have another shot from the two yard line.

Still, the better team on the day won. Green Bay made fewer errors and if it weren’t for the few fumbles and missed field goal attempts, Dallas would have won the game. I’m not sure if it was game over from the point of the overturned touchdown considering that Rodgers got the Packers well up field and still converted a few third Downs along the way. The way Rodgers was playing, he was not going to let the Packers lose. It truly was an amazing performance.

It’ll be interesting to see how he goes against the Seahawks next week. A team that can minimise the run after the catch and also stifle running backs relatively well.

It was the correct call, it was the rule and you cannot use the ground to control the ball. In his case the ground didn’t even enable him to control it, he lost it then gathered it back in. Therefore it is an incomplete pass as the ball was on the ground.

Pretty simple and was well called.

There was a rule effectively saying that the ground can’t cause a fumble. That is, if the ball is released after contact with the ground, the play is stopped. It seemed to me that he had control till his arm hit the ground. Has this rule been scrapped?

It was a bad call in my view - and I hate Dallas.

GO PATRIOTS

Quoted Post

I think it's good that Fox has gone. He seemed to be way too conservative with his play calling and was holding the team back.

Also, who gives a ■■■■ if Manning played bad yesterday, it doesn’t mean booing him is acceptable. He’s a legend and it seems like the fair weather Bronco fans at Mile High have already forgotten what it was like to have Tebow as their QB.

I’m not upset Fox is gone and tend to agree with your point about his play calling.
Still think he cost us three years ago at having a real shot at the bowl when we lost to the Ravens in the playoffs.
Oh and we do remember what it was like to have Tebow.
Like I said yesterday I don’t regard the booing of Peyton yesterday as anything major.
Footy fans worldwide can be a fickle bunch.
Hell I remember a section of our mob booing Fish years ago.

I think it’s good that Fox has gone. He seemed to be way too conservative with his play calling and was holding the team back.

Also, who gives a ■■■■ if Manning played bad yesterday, it doesn’t mean booing him is acceptable. He’s a legend and it seems like the fair weather Bronco fans at Mile High have already forgotten what it was like to have Tebow as their QB.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
A reply to: @DonMania regarding QuoteLink
Wow. Just revealed that Peyton has been playing with a torn quadricep for the last month.

What’d I tell ya?

Did you say he woiuld blame something?
Or that he was actually hurt?

There is no way he has/had a torn quad for the last number of weeks.
A tear in your quad muscle affects the way you walk for a start.
He might have a strain, he might be sore, but he doesn’t have a torn quad.

Rodgers however, has something obviously wrong with his calf.
His arm, however, is less affected than the balloons Manning was serving up on Sunday.

I hope Manning plays on. Because he is finished and if he doesn’t admit it, then that’s one less team everyone else has to worry about.
I don’t say that to gloat, one day Tom Brady will be finished too, and sadly that day is closer than the days when he was the young bloke replacing Bledsoe. But Peyton needs to stop blaming outside influences and get real with himself and everyone else. Just go out gracefully/

So last year he wasn’t injured and was mvp.
I would also say pre injury we were definitely a team you had to worry about.
If Rodgers was to play a third of a season with an injured calf it would eventually catch up with him and even on sunday he wasn’t as dominant as usual.
He did play a good second half granted but to keep backing up week after week will gradually catch up with you.
You seem very confident he didn’t have a torn quad.
I don’t know what he had but I watch them every week and he was definately playing injured ever since The Chargers game.

Quoted Post

Wow. Just revealed that Peyton has been playing with a torn quadricep for the last month.

What’d I tell ya?

Did you say he woiuld blame something?
Or that he was actually hurt?

There is no way he has/had a torn quad for the last number of weeks.
A tear in your quad muscle affects the way you walk for a start.
He might have a strain, he might be sore, but he doesn’t have a torn quad.

Rodgers however, has something obviously wrong with his calf.
His arm, however, is less affected than the balloons Manning was serving up on Sunday.

I hope Manning plays on. Because he is finished and if he doesn’t admit it, then that’s one less team everyone else has to worry about.
I don’t say that to gloat, one day Tom Brady will be finished too, and sadly that day is closer than the days when he was the young bloke replacing Bledsoe. But Peyton needs to stop blaming outside influences and get real with himself and everyone else. Just go out gracefully/

What’d I tell ya?

For those saying that ‘technically’ it was a rule…
What was the rule?
Is it bevause it hobbled out when he went to ground?
I read somewhere that the issue behind the rule is as he was landing he didn’t make a ‘football’ move which is required. That article totally bamboozled me so I’m hoping there is something or someone that’ll clarify what the rule was about.

Heading off to NFL Gamepass for answers.

May as well just give the trophy to Seattle.

Quoted Post

Serious question for you Pats fans. How confident would you be of beating Seattle?

Not overly to be honest with that defence in the form that it is.

But anything is possible, especially in the playoffs.

We’d need to play at our absolute best.

SNEA Level at warning level.
I think we’ll beat any of the remaining 4.
Seattle are flat track bullies. They beat up on ordinary teams.
Patriots aren’t playing their best, but can score from a variety of avenues.
I think the Pats hardest game in the playoff is going to turn out to be yesterday.

A reply to: @Mero regarding QuoteLink

Quoted Post
Serious question for you Pats fans. How confident would you be of beating Seattle?

SNEA Level at warning level.
I think we’ll beat any of the remaining 4.
Seattle are flat track bullies. They beat up on ordinary teams.
Patriots aren’t playing their best, but can score from a variety of avenues.
I think the Pats hardest game in the playoff is going to turn out to be yesterday.

I like your confidence.

Should we enter full “lid farking off” mode, Mero?

I agree they have bullied a fair few teams but even you have to admit that their D is scary good.

It is practically a second offence as it seems they score just as much from picks and forced turnovers as they do rushing and passing the ball on offence.

Quoted Post
The Broncos were off today.

And I for one am glad that they were as I would much rather face Indy at home than Denver.

Very confident about next week and hopefully the Packs can get over the line in Seattle.

Brady and the Pats will be too hard to stop next week me thinks. Brady rarely has off days like Peyton did today.

Off day?
Have you seen a Denver game since they lost to the Patriots?
He’s been that bad for half the year.
It was only when they could rely on CJ Anderson that they got going again.
The last time he didn’t have a game like today was about Week 7 when they destroyed the 49ers.
He is done.
Congrats ona fine career Peyton, but you’re 40 next year, and Denver won’t want you.

Best post I saw on the matter was one that said ‘John Elway makes his way to Peyton’s locker, tears in his eyes and shotgun in his hand. Goodbye Old Yeller.’

Nah, going against the likes of:

Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders and Wes Welker being supplied by Peyton Manning is still a scary proposition and could turn up next week and put 50 on the scoreboard.

They are far more dangerous than the Colts who have been valiant so far.

That isn’t to mention their defence with players like Miller, Ware, Talib etc.

I don’t think Peyton is done at all to be honest, knowing him he has probably been playing with two broken legs and severed spine for 5 weeks.

If Tony Romo can put together a season like he has in 2014/15 then Peyton can in 15/16.

Luck is a great young QB, but I’ll be glad our defence is facing him rather than Peyton and that offence. Still stand by what I said and that they had an off day, albeit quite a bad one considering the quality they have on that roster.

Quoted Post

And I for one am glad that they were as I would much rather face Indy at home than Denver.

Very confident about next week and hopefully the Packs can get over the line in Seattle.

Brady and the Pats will be too hard to stop next week me thinks. Brady rarely has off days like Peyton did today.

Off day?
Have you seen a Denver game since they lost to the Patriots?
He’s been that bad for half the year.
It was only when they could rely on CJ Anderson that they got going again.
The last time he didn’t have a game like today was about Week 7 when they destroyed the 49ers.
He is done.
Congrats ona fine career Peyton, but you’re 40 next year, and Denver won’t want you.

Best post I saw on the matter was one that said ‘John Elway makes his way to Peyton’s locker, tears in his eyes and shotgun in his hand. Goodbye Old Yeller.’

I think I get it now.
It cannot be ruled a ‘down by contact’ because it was a pass play. If it was a run play, then the down by contact would have come into play. So basically, he needs to bring the ball to ground in control and without it touching the ground.
The next part is whether he went to ground as part of the catch or whether he was reaching for the goal line which is where the ‘football’ play comes into question.
While he does attempt to cross the goal line, it doesn’t look like he is reaching to clear the goal line and it’s more likely he went to ground as part of the catch. So basically, if it looked like there were two actions instead of just the one crashing to ground, it could be argued that it was a ‘football’ move and hen be deemed a fumble and then recovery instead of an incomplete pass.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Anyone else give Indy a chance? Just got on them @ $3.42, thing they really could spring an upset. Not sure Rodgers on one leg can get over Seattle so im going a Seahawks v Colts SB

Why don’t you just give your money to a charity?
More chance of seeing a return.

I see a repeat of Week 11.
Close at Half Time, Pats draw away by more and more as the game goes on.
14-10 HT
42-20 FT
I would think something similar this time.

You could be right but thats the fun of gambling. Have got quite a build up in my Sportsbet account so not too fussed if I lose a little. Just have a feeling there will be an upset next week
There's only two games next week, and I was betting on an upset I'd rather be betting on Aaron Rodgers doing something Rodgers-esque than Indi doing anything. as unlikely as Green Bay getting past Seattle might seem, I think it is more likely than Indi.