NFL 2020/21

By all accounts the new turf at the Giants/Jets stadium is diabolical.

Heads up to any team playing there.

Guess where the Niners play again next week?!?!?!

Surely they don’t bring back any of the injured guys Kittle (knee), Sherman (calf/achilles), Ford (Neck) if the surface is suspect. Although they are likely out longer anyway.

They have lost Barkley with an ACL too. Might be out of touch within our own division by week 3.

1 Like

James White (Patriots) parents were involved in an accident and his father passed away and is his mother is in critical condition. He has been pulled from the game and will fly home after the game has ended (they offered to fly him home immediately but he wanted to travel with his team mates).

Was a fantastic debut by Herbert, but I mentioned previously there will be times when he makes the odd bad decision. There was a play where he had open space to run the ball for a first down (and probably another 8-10 yards beyond as well), and he chose to throw from about 3 yards short of the down to a running player down-field. Intercepted, and then Mahomes drove them up the field for a TD. Herbert’s second TD where he passed a bullet on the run to the corner of the endzone was a beauty though. Well done for a first game, and it will be tough for Tyrod to get his spot back with that sort of result.

Geez, Mahomes is quality…

lol Falcons

2 Likes

Season over for us in Game 2. We cant cover WR deficiencies, Defense challenges with both Bosa and Solly Thomas and Kittle/Ford issues as well…

No idea why the decided to run Cam on the last play then… You had just sliced them apart in the air the entire drive and then tried to run it against a stacked box, mind boggling stupid.

Defence was putrid.

Should have won.

It’s diabolical. Just read that we will be missing at least 7 of our top-10 players for a while.

FARK

Nice of GB to give Detroit false hope like that :slight_smile:

That was an Essington-level choke. Just pick up the damn ball, morons!

1 Like

Herbert was good on Debut, just fell short against the Chiefs but super promising. Don’t know why we didn’t go for it on 4th & 1 in OT. That was almost a resignation to “well, we really shouldn’t win this anyway”.

Defence was tremendous.

Atlanta’s performance fits in nicely with their new clown suits.

1 Like

49ners making it feel like Essendon season is still alive.

Kittle’s injury last week.

Bosa a likely ACL this week to go with injuries to Jimmy G, Mostert and Thomas along with Dee Ford not playing due to a neck injury.

Best loss I have seen. To be in it for the last play was a credit to the offence. Defence was ordinary.

GO PATS

I can not recall a game that was so costly with injury to a major contender. Confirmed today:
Bosa out for the year
Thomas out for the year
T. Coleman out for at least a few weeks
Mostert out for at least a few weeks

Those are all knee injuries.

Plus Jimmy G out for 5-6 weeks.

Have to laugh.

And to think we thought WR was going to be our problem.

Can we just play the Jets every week?

1 Like

Not sure how or why but apparently Jimmy G is a chance to play this weekend?!?! I would suggest they wrap him up in cotton wool since we play on the same turf again.

Still cant believe they gifted the game to us like that. They all looked at the ball like they were surrounding a tiger snake

Being a Falcons fan must be seriously traumatic.

I just read that the decision to play Herbert was made a couple of minutes before the game because the team doctor was giving Tyrod Taylor a painkilling injection in his ribs and accidently punctured his lung!