NFL 2021-22

The NFL have a bit of a global expansion plan happening and as such assign countries to a team. Australia got the Rams as our ‘team’ fwiw so any future game here will likely involve them.

Only downside is the majority of their good players will be cooked by ‘24, so could be some ugly viewing.

I vote for Rams v 9’ers then.

2 Likes

Fark the Rams. Send us the Chargers.

Go Bolts!

FitzMagic retires.

What? He only played for 9 teams. He had so many more to go.

Great career for a guy drafted in the 7th round.

2 Likes

New deal for Aaron Donald from the Rams, sets new benchmark for non-QB players.

“The Rams reworked Donald’s deal to give him a $40 million raise over the last three years of his existing contract, sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter, making him the first non-quarterback to eclipse $30 million per season. The reworked deal brings the total value of Donald’s contract to $95 million over three years.”

3 Likes

He’s worth every cent. One of, if not the, best defenders in NFL history.

Absolute beast.

1 Like

Not sure if people are following the Deshaun Watson stuff but the allegations keep piling up. There has to be a flash point with this and he has to seriously worry about going to jail rather than playing another down in the league.

I haven’t been following too closely, but aren’t they civil lawsuits (ie - he’s being sued by the massuers), rather than criminal charges? And I’m not even sure if I’ve got the terminology right.

Either way, I wonder what sort of get-out clauses the Browns put on that massive deal (which apparently including a bajillion in guaranteed dollars).

2 Likes

He is facing civil lawsuits. Criminal charges were declined by a grand jury.

And his pay packet is fully guaranteed, the whole lot. 5 years $230 million.

1 Like

Well, that couldn’t possibly go wrong in any conceivable way, could it?!

How many people lose their job if gets banned?

It’s Cleveland.

So none of them……

3 Likes

Sort of get the feeling they did minimal, if any, Investigation into the claims/cases before the trade and subsequent contract was signed off on.

And given the timing of it all, did The Texans know of these before they were public, conceal it whilst he was playing for them, and have an axe to grind after he requested a trade by leaking certain things?

Can’t end well for anybody here.

No they knew all about it. The Grand Jury rejected the indictment on March 11, they signed him up March 18. Once he was free of the criminal charges then no matter what happens with the civil stuff he is free and clear at this stage (unless more come out). Civil cases are about money, not jail.

The claims against him and court stuff had been going on for a year.

1 Like

Is Brasher on their risk and oversight committee too?

3 Likes

I think from now on all NFL teams will require that players seeking massages will be required to book them through club-approved masseurs. And they’ll only approve hairy, overweight guys named Bruce to do it.

2 Likes

Not Inga from Sweden?

Hey, back off on the Bruce comments Furious…
I’ve copped that ■■■■ enough all my life- I really don’t need to hear it on blitz