NFL 2021-22

I’m just going to post this again. Red and black baby!!

1 Like

Practice top only.

2021 Uniforms:

3 Likes

(Open in incognito window if you get a paywall)

1 Like

Oh man, IT :frowning:

Well, its kinda true I suppose…

1 Like

I actually quite like the Niners and always cheer them on except when they play against Greenbay or Dolphins and now Mahomes ( :rofl:)

1 Like

Well, I have a feeling its going to be a really fun season. Its looking like they may have many 2 QB packages where both Lance and Jimmy G take turns during the same drive.

And hey, speaking of the Dolphins, did you see this:
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article253820113.html

1 Like

That asking price is ridiculous for a guy under his situation. They should take whatever is offered and run because no one will pay that much for him.

1 Like

If Miami pick up Watson I’d expect Tua to walk out. Same as the Lance/Jimmy G situation, having 2 alpha dogs share the throne doesn’t work. And if one of them isn’t an alpha dog, then they won’t be successful as a starting QB.

I’m completely biased, but I reckon the Chargers uniforms are the best in the league.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. So many options!! :slight_smile:

The ones with the yellow pants are :fire: :fire:

Quite like the royal blue (second from right) as well but those don’t really go with anything else in the palette.

IMO the best Chargers unis were the Air Coryell-Fouts era.

3 Likes

The Texans are delusional.
And there is still some smoke around the charges as the lawyer is a huge Texans fan, and lives on the same street as the Texans owner, ( inference being they are close). The thought was it initially was a leverage to either get him to stay or at least agree to trade terms suitable to the Texans. But now its totally out of control.
Allegedly…

We probably should have a separate thread for college football, but they had the Notre Dame - FSU game on TV earlier, and there was a guy McKenzie Milton (FSU QB) playing his first game since November 2018 when he had a gruesome knee injury. They were saying he had three different surgical teams work on him, and it was thought he’d never walk again without pain. Apparently the injury came with arterial and nerve damage.

One advantage of working from home is having ESPN on in the background. Plenty of MLB, College football, and as of next week - NFL. Certainly helps my mental health.

3 Likes

I’m keen to watch a bit more lately and have this NFL team problem as well. It’s just simply not happening and I’ve had little to not a lot of interest in it for decades until recently.

In the early 90’s it was Warren Moon and the Oilers; the derrick, the colours, the name was all perfect and once a week watching Don Lane and the highlights package on ABC. Then they fell off a cliff, then they were gone, then I totally lost interest. Screw the Texans too, no interest. I wasn’t hardcore about them or football but I was fond of them. I preferred hockey anyway, Islanders finally have a team to be proud of but Hockey for mine has lost a bit of its lustre with the physicality being squeezed out, I still like it but much prefer the balance of finesse and grit it used to have.

Due to lockdown boredom I started Draft Day College Football 21 career and liked the look of the West Virginia Mountaineers, that logo is simply dope, it just looks wonderful. I’m pretty sure there’s pics online of Leonardo Decaprio either munted or hungover in a Mountaineers hat, he wears a lot of team baseball caps, sometimes he’s trolleyed, sometimes he isn’t. Years ago in Toronto I bought a South Carolina ‘(‘ocks (it didn’t have ‘Game’ prefixed on it) hat, which was a bit of a spontaneous purchase. NFL though, I dabbled with the idea of the Dawgs due to one-time mutual ownership between them and my EPL team which turned out to be a nightmare. Then there was the possibility of da Bears because I once had an op shop $2 tshirt of their’s but nup, I like the Cubs and a ridiculously self imposed one team per town support cap. Perhaps da Bears but I’m not sure, I make it hard for myself. The closest has been the Steelers. Back in the mid 90’s prior to me having a surfed the world wide webz, I didn’t have enough knowledge to understand the divisional rivalry with the Oilers but regardless I’m just not quite there with them.

I’m gonna sit with it for a while, maybe, maybe not. Til then, I still have the folly of the Bud Adams era. If you like sporting soap opera, this is a good watch.

As is the genius of Jon Bois.

2 Likes

There are lots of great NFL docos around. 7Mate has been playing “A Football Life” around midday most days that cover great players or moments in football. Also the ESPN 30/30 shows have some really good ones. Also get the Gameday app and go through the past seasons of Hard Knocks.

Like I said to frosty, just watch the games and you’ll eventually find yourself following a player or a team.

3 Likes

Enjoyed a lot of suburban footy just by watching it as a neutral. It could be similar for NFL too, some skin in the game would be nice but I’ll be patient.

The Fighting Irish! Go ND!

McKenzie Milton. snort

Single-handedly made an entire state think Scott Frost was a good coach.

jeez imagine being a cowboys fan and thinking “ooh we might have them here”

lol

if brady has the ball, and your lead is less than one possession, and there’s any time on the clock at all, your first assumption has to be that you will lose

3 Likes