NFL 2021-22

Keep away from the fan favourites like Dallas, NYG, Pats, Packers, 49ers. Everyone (i.e. I) will just think you’re a front-runner.

I usually pick a young QB who’s coming through, like I saw Peyton Manning play for the Volunteers as I sat in a North Philadelphia hotel room waiting for a mate’s wedding, so followed the Colts, then the Broncos till he retired.

I’d seen Pat Mahomes Snr play baseball, so then followed Patrick Mahomes Jnr before he was a thing. Now I’m a front-runner.

1 Like

cough LA Chargers - QB Justin Herbert (2020 Offensive Rookie of the Year) cough

2 Likes

Thanks FG for the comprehensive response.

I have fetch and am finding myself watching highlights a lot more regularly, so probably time to pay a bit more attention.

Choosing a team might take some thinking. The inclination is to choose someone who Is have some sort of link to, but that still gives me a bunch of options including Seattle, Kansas City, Baltimore, St Louis, LA, New York, Indianapolis, Atlanta.

Ok, I’ve downloaded the NFL app, now to do some research

1 Like

Just watch games, you’ll pick up the play terminology and eventually latch onto a team or player that you like. I’ve been playing baseball since I was six and have played to a reasonable level, know a couple of guys who have made it to the MLB, and watch it all the time on ESPN. I still don’t follow a specific team.

So don’t rush it. Just enjoy.

1 Like

Or you could jump on the Russell Wilson/Seahawks train. Guaranteed excitement.
With the added bonus of the inevitable sad ending, (if your into pathos).

2 Likes

Join the 49ers. Exciting season ahead, 2 quarterback system will be exciting and there are quite a few of us on blitz to talk to about our team.

2 Likes

Also did I mention the 49ers colors? Away strip below…

2 Likes

If you like the 80’s Chuckie movies, the Las Vegas Raiders are the team for you.

4 Likes

As a Raiders fan I don’t recommend anybody follow us unless you thoroughly enjoy mediocrity and living in the past.

4 Likes

As a Dolphins fan…I agree.

Cheeseheads baby.

3 Likes

I’m partial to the Jets. Mainly because when I travelled I got some tops etc of them. Also got some college football gear. Mainly Ohio. Lots of American’s commented on that. No idea why but played along anyway.

But during the AFL offseason last year (and I think the year before) Mahomes from KC became my favourite.

Looking to watch all the games this year. With lockdown, not much else to do.

May upgrade the tv too.

1 Like

As a Vikings fan, I’m warning you not to follow the Vikings.

6 Likes

Get on the TREY LANCE train baby! Go Niners!

2 Likes

So, Jimmy G gone by the end of the year?

Don’t follow the Niners, they always promise a lot, deliver very little. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Get on the Football Team.
Like Essendon we have been poorly run by the board and are a huge club that is allergic to winning finals

3 Likes

As staunch Bears fan the similarities to Essendon is uncanny! :slight_smile:

Big club, big support, previously very successful and then sh1te for a long time! Both teams now seem to be building slowly. In Justin Fields we trust!

1 Like

There is always next year! :grin:

As Dolphins fan (but also Greenbay) I have been saying that since the early 90’s.

1 Like

Many experts feel he will be traded before mid season! Ruthless

If you want Fields to succeed, you need Tyrod Taylor as your starting QB. He was at Buffalo, got replaced by Josh Allen, went to Cleveland, replaced by Baker Mayfield, went to the Chargers, replaced by Justin Herbert. The poor guy is cursed, but he does bring on the young guns.