NHL thread

The dumpster fire happening at the Flames right now is something that would make Essington blush.

We are going to have to go a younger side, so it’s a great time to finally give two-time AHL leading scorer Matty Phillips the opportunity he deserves… Fark, he’s gone too??

Enjoy finding out if he can make the jump @Aceman. I hope he proves Darryl Sutter horribly wrong.

Yeah, I’m not sure what we are trying to do in the off-season but happy to see how he goes.
I’m more comfortable with than than the signing of Max

Patches will go orright if he can stay on the ice. Big if these days.

One of my birthday presents from Mrs Azza.

She understood the assignment.

2 Likes

1 Like

The ice going to hold up for the full game ?

1 Like

Should be ok.
Very happy and somewhat surprised at the strength of squads both have came out here with

1 Like

Yeah.

I had a little bit to do with the USA vs Canada series 9 years ago and the technology is unbelievable.

Should be fine.

1 Like

Heads up.
Thats great.
Let us know how the day pans out.
Should be a winner
Cheers

Live into Toronto
Goons giving the fans what they want…

1 Like

I went to yesterdays game. It was awesome!

Such an entertaining sport live. A lot goes on with crowd engagement as well.

8 goals scored also which was unexpected. 7 in the 2nd period, was a goal spree.

Was a big punch on they let go for ages, helmets knocked off and all

Cooley with the goal of season already they are proclaiming.

NHL twitter was all over it quick smart, link :point_down:

https://twitter.com/nhl/status/1705458855369457970?s=46&t=3DKzv5wY_Ra-biw0bPSaiA

3 Likes

Looked it be a pretty good hit out albeit that you could clearly tell that it was an exhibition game and goals tend to flow in these games. Hopefully it leads to a genuine game being played down here 1 day. Great to see the sport growing here though as it’s by far the best of the US sports

1 Like

That Cooley goal was bonkers

4 Likes

Bedard scores his first of 800 goals in the NHL. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hanging out for 1.00pm.

Opening night, game 1. So much hope, no disappointment yet… I’m sure that will change.

Which game? Avs?

Flames.

Good luck!

Hoping for playoffs at best.

1 Like

We’re about as mid-table and lacking in stars as my footy team.