Nick Kommer

If you think back to every 'comeback' game this year... There has always been a goal or a passage of play from Kommer that leads to goal, right when we really needed it. Kicked an important set shot in the third last night, once again, when we really needed it. 

He doesn't do all that much, but he always makes the most of the few chances he gets, and he does it when most others are too busy catching their breath from all the frontrunning.

He has been a great addition to our side, and has plenty of room to improve.  

He's that good at annoying the opposition that it really annoys me. 

The word ****-stirrer should be allowed in this thread.

Once he gets more confidence in overhead marking, watch out.

Reckon he is the youngest in his family. He has that annoying little brother thing about him. Poking at someone til they hit him and he runs to mum to get him in trouble.

Reckon he will finish top 10 in the B+F?  Top 5?

Love his attitude. A good preseason and a bit more strength will help…a keeper.

Great recruiting.

He needs to lose the slapping habit. Reminds me of C. Brown.

Liked his year otherwise.

only him and hocking lay shepperds

considering most other teams have 22 players who do this

this is good
while i'm on this, how come since 2001 essendon players handball to their team mates then just let them get killed, how for over a decade do we still have a team that rarely sheppards for their team mates!?

while i'm on this, how come since 2001 essendon players handball to their team mates then just let them get killed, how for over a decade do we still have a team that rarely sheppards for their team mates!?

The consipiracy theorist in me says it's because we always get a hard run with the MRP whenever we shepard someone.

The rationlist in me has absolutely no idea. Sheparding help so much

Broken hand.

Needs to learn how to tone down his ■■■■■ slap?

only him and hocking lay shepperds

considering most other teams have 22 players who do this

this is good

This.  Kommer does great hip and shoulder shepherds and gets away without head high because he is so short.  Great to watch good shepherding, its an art that is dying out due to Vlads ridiculous rule changes.

Just asked Essendon if they could do a highlight reel of Nick Kommer this year and this was there response!
https://twitter.com/Essendon_FC/status/372209305576960000

Awesome!

The consipiracy theorist in me says it's because we always get a hard run with the MRP whenever we shepard someone.

The rationlist in me has absolutely no idea. Sheparding help so much

Not true, Goddard is very good at using his body to apply a block or sheppard after handing off to a team mate.

Hang on, Goddard came from another club, perhaps you are onto something.....