Nick Raptopoulos - Vote 1 Board Nominee

Nick,

I found your profile that was distributed to the members very captivating and intriguing.

It is obvious that you are a passionate and devoted member of our club and I believe you would represent us members well if elected. Your profile came across as quite colloquial and representative of the everyday man and most importantly the Essendon members. It is important that us members have a voice that is heard by the club.

I see you are making some good points and good luck!

Thanks Antipoden. Appreciate the sentiment.

Don’t forget to vote…GO BOMBERS!

Hi Nick, welcome back

Good luck with your push to join the board.

Nick,

I found your profile that was distributed to the members very captivating and intriguing.

It is obvious that you are a passionate and devoted member of our club and I believe you would represent us members well if elected. Your profile came across as quite colloquial and representative of the everyday man and most importantly the Essendon members. It is important that us members have a voice that is heard by the club.

Thank you for joining Blitz just to say that…

Looking forward to further posts from this account.

Hi Nick,

Your thoughts on the EFC being involved in gambling and in particular ownership of poker machines? I’ll be up front and say I am completely against poker machines as they prey on the poor and those at risk of being taken advantaged of.

Hi Nick,

Your thoughts on the EFC being involved in gambling and in particular ownership of poker machines? I’ll be up front and say I am completely against poker machines as they prey on the poor and those at risk of being taken advantaged of.

Thanks for your question Quietachiever.

I have no issue with ownership of poker machines. That said, it needs to be monitored & controlled. I would not be supporting expanding the number of poker machines we currently operate.

Hello Nick

Why not?

Nick,

Thank you for joining Blitz just to say that…

Looking forward to further posts from this account.

Good to have Andrew Carrazzo back.

Hello, I’m Mr Snreb.

All,

I was recently interviewed for an article on The Roar (http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/11/23/a-new-don-is-dawning/#comment-form). Good article.

I’m confident 2016 will breath fresh life into our club again. Please ensure your voice is heard & vote.

Go Bombers!

Nick

Poker machines. If you’re not against the income, why would you resist getting more?

Nick

Poker machines. If you’re not against the income, why would you resist getting more?

Diggers, my opinion (& my opinion only) is that we are at a socially acceptable level. I wouldn’t say I am pro poker machines, but as long as we don’t expand further, I’m certainly not against them.

Nick

Diggers, my opinion (& my opinion only) is that we are at a socially acceptable level. I wouldn’t say I am pro poker machines, but as long as we don’t expand further, I’m certainly not against them.

Poker machines are a socially accepted form of income for football clubs. But I would like to see us lead the way, not follow.

Nick

Poker machines are a socially accepted form of income for football clubs. But I would like to see us lead the way, not follow.

I would rather the money goes into EFC’s pocket than say Collingwood, Richmond, Hawthorn or Carlton which is exactly what would happen if we relinquish our machines

Hi Nick,

couple of points/questions

1. Nice first name
  2. I like Raptors
    3.How would you improve communication? (I am not after BS clichés but an actual detailed plan)
Hi Nick,

couple of points/questions

1. Nice first name
  2. I like Raptors
    3.How would you improve communication? (I am not after BS clichés but an actual detailed plan)

Thanks for your question (I too like your name & Raptors).

• A member forum 2-3 times a year. This would not be adhoc, but planned in our events calendar in advance.
  • Board members manning phones. All board members to be rostered on throughout the year answering calls, working in customer service, etc.
  • Formal Functions that are more affordable to the greater supporter base. As I’ve mentioned previously, not every event needs to be $250+ & at The Crown.
  • Free tours of our facility(s). This will need to be managed carefully due to the amount of supporters.
  • End of season & start of season Family Days. Creating a Family Club feel to Essendon.
  • Reduce board member terms from 3 years to 2 & capping the amount of times they can run for the board. I propose 2 yr terms x 2 (max 4 yrs). When board members have a known end time to their tenure, it encourages a greater work ethic (or so it should).

I hope this answers your question.

More member forums? Can we please have apple flavoured shisha provided at those?

More member forums? Can we please have apple flavoured shisha provided at those?

Please don’t i got banned during the last one.

Non-supporters can get stuffed.

Hi All,

It’s the last week of voting (closes next Monday 7th). If you are still undecided or have any questions, please feel free to contact me to discuss the elections further. I welcome your support as we continue to try & rejuvenate our club from the board level down.

For those who have supported me, thank you. For those who haven’t, I’ve enjoyed our discussions (for the most part).

Thanks again.

Nick, why do you constantly use ampersands instead of writing out the word “and”. Is it really so difficult? Will you also be taking short cuts and going for the easy option should you be elected?