No Changes for the Eagles

Remember when the Weapon worked us too hard and there was soft tissue injuries til the early morn? “Rested” might be linked with work loads. Players getting to a point where injury becomes more likely - hence they rest, or go back to the VFL where they can play 65% game time and not be a liability.

Yep

keep Myers in. Bird is flying in the 2s but I think we just need the centre to gel a bit more with more games. If Bird is still knocking the door down maybe we look at a weak spot for him. Leue is a better option than TBell for the same reason. Get those guys in the centre to read each other better and we’re on the way to fixing one of the major flaws so far. The other one is dealing with the press on the kick in.

Geez I want us to just power through these ■■■■■■. 8 day break. Then pressure the Tigers into submission. I know I need to be more patient with the side than that but it would just be great to start to string some wins together and see more of this dynamic play and getting the other sides to think twice about us.

2 Likes

Let me tell you some statistics about Bird

In 2016

his avg tackles was 6.4, ranked 1 for the team

Our best centre clearance player Zerrett? Nope

Craig Bird

Contested possessions

2nd behind Zerrett

We just mauled Geelongs midfield, let’s make it even more formidable.

*post brought to you by the bringbirdinfoundation Canberra

12 Likes

BIRD IS THE FCKING WORD

Bring him in, we got pasted in clearances, he’ll help. Contested possessions, clearances, tackles, bring this c*nt in and let him dig it out to Heppell & Zerrett and we’ll be golden.

If this guy can still gather another 37 possessions and not get in when the senior side lacks his exact attribute then he may as well retire tomorrow. No changes when we win is nice but fixing a hole in the side is more important.

I’m guessing McKenna is the only option to go out, Myers can fulfill his role and Bird can be thrown in the middle to break things up.

6 Likes

Myers doing McKenna’s role? Hear what you’re saying but…

7 Likes

I guess you can’t deny Bird again after another huge performance.
No idea who goes out.

1 Like

Sam Jacobs had SEVENTY FOUR hitouts vs the Dees on the weekend. Just a little perspective about how poor Bellchambers was a few weeks ago.

Luey stays.

2 Likes

Wow. That’s a lot of hitouts… and they got smashed.

1 Like

Bagley has a tough job, but he’s off his usual standard. Needs to lift like zakka did.

And Melbourne smashed them in the clearances.
Since Gawn has been out the Dees have won the clearances every game

Pressure seal , pop top jar lid that has already popped but is still attached to the jar.

1 Like

Never fkn forget these maggots booing Jobe. Ever

Destroy them

21 Likes

I hate this peice of fkn sht club like most loathe Carlton. I’d pay to see us absolutely wipe the floor with these cvnts. They have the most smug, arrogant, maggot supporters who believe that any time a opposition player looks at the pill, they can scream baaaaalllllll. You have never, ever met worse fans I swear to god. They condone cheating, they idolise dogs like Kerr, Gardiner, cousins, etc. I fkn hope darling does both his knees at once, I hope someone irons out masten with a cheap shot to the jaw, I would not care if their bus crashed into the Yarra. We must beat them at any cost, I will be praying to every god around that we aaaaaabsolutely destroy them. I hope worsfold comes out and imitates the sheedy/white throat slitting incident to One of their players

Sunday cannot come fast enough. We must kill them

16 Likes

I hear ya man! Having lived over there for 4 and a half years I developed a healthy dislike for them! My team:

B: Baguley Hartley Dea
HB: Kelly Hurley McGrath
C: Goddard Watson Zaharakis
HF: Fantasia Daniher Stewart
F: Green Hooker McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: Leuenberger Heppell Z.Merrett
INT: Myers Parish Colyer Bird
IN: Bird
OUT: McKenna

Got to reward Bird for consistent VFL performance, add an extra contested ball animal and tackler to the mids. We set a standard in terms of defensive pressure and hunting the opposition Saturday night, it must continue. The Eagles mids are soft, down-hill skiing frontrunners. Really go after them physically, the likes of Gaff, Shuey, Masten, Wellingham. They don’t like it when it’s hot in the kitchen. Time to turn up the heat!

2 Likes

No changes.

That said bags had it 5 times and hasn’t missed a game. He’s just keeping his ahead above water but may be due a rest. I’m not sure that lecras is his best batch up anyway.

Bring in bird to play midfield. Conor, McGrath Kelly back with support from hepp, bj as required.

Conor should only come out for mcniece for mine and I wouldn’t be pulling the trigger yet.

Stanton and Hocking should be playing in the midfield and shredding games to pieces before they are considered. Both well probably stay in the backline unfortunately.

1 Like

Yep, even Bags at his best really struggled with Lecras.

That might be a good match up for Dea.

2 Likes

Also Crows lost to the Demons, so we cant just blame bellchambers for the loss to the Demons.

People dropping McKenna for Bird can’t be serious

Completely different types of players. And we have seen with our selection policy it’s generally been like for like when changes made.

3 Likes