No Lyon at our zoo!

He doesn’t pass mine.

Why 2 threads on him? Thats more than whoosha.

Yes, hate his game style but we need a hard as nails coach who will tell some of these blokes the hard truth. He would probably destroy us within 5 years but worth the risk to nick a flag

3 Likes

No thanks

Bring in crazy vossy.

1 Like

I don’t think Worsfold is a BS taker.

Has certainly rang the changes this year. Ok usually forced.

Plus I really like hard backmen as coaches.

This is fantastic. I really don’t get the ‘stay away from Essendon’ argument. Through the pursuit of the ultimate price, Ross has probably put a few noses out of joint - that mightn’t have sat with some players who don’t like tough love - but he’s a career coach. He demands high standards of his players and complete adherence to team structures and game style. Something we need. He might have a game style that can be dour or whatever, but you can’t question his record. A 52.45% winning record at Freo and 64.96% record at St Kilda. Effectively a 49% chance of winning a final. That’s hardly a poor record. Would we hire or consider him? Probably not, but dismissing him is silly.

5 Likes

Please no.

Please please no.

I feel about Ross Lyon being our coach how most Blitzers felt about Sam Mitchell being our coach - horrendous.

There’s few moves (if any) I’d hate more than this, and it’s probably the only move that could make me be less interested in this club.

The guy is one of the biggest ■■■■■ going around.

6 Likes

BRING

He is exactly what we need. Someone that will drive this team beyond what they believe they are capable of. He can bring Walters with him too!

1 Like

PITCHFORKS!

5 Likes

Yep and filling our entire club with nice guys for 15 years has worked a treat.

A ■■■■ is exactly what we need

7 Likes

Failed against Hawthorn twice in finals and is semi-responsible for how large Hawthorn fans’ heads have become.

Malcolm Blight was also seen as damaged goods when he couldn’t achieve ultimate success as coach at Geelong. Seen as a tactical mastermind but a questionable game plan during the business end of finals.

Heads to Adelaide (who finished bottom 4 the year before) and goes back to back in his first two seasons.

It happens.

2 Likes

Yeah, or Hawthorn had a great team.

2 Likes

You can have my membership if this flog comes in.

1 Like

I legitimately would want Voss

I’d take him over Woosha but not carracella.

I reckon Ross’ tactics are becoming outdated.

Anyone think he deliberately jibbed at Essendon last week to create a subliminal message of ‘come get me if you want finals wins’

This time last week he knew he was gone as they couldn’t make finals and that made it 4 years in a row

3 Likes

Vomit!

Blight’s success was over 20 years ago now. Also he was the beneficiary of the Crows getting some awesome SA talent when they entered the AFL.

Honestly I feel footy has moved on. Key to coaching now seems to be communication. I don’t think someone like Lyon is the answer given he has had 15 years in the system without the ultimate success. Hence a young hungry coach is my preference.

1 Like