No Lyon at our zoo!

From Pavlich…

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/fremantle-great-matthew-pavlich-reflects-on-ross-lyons-legacy-at-the-dockers/news-story/aa8777db5305f4a152382fa90466c1e4

2 Likes

Yeah, look at the way he left Saints and Freo and the “success” he got. He has destroyed the clubs and the future of the clubs in the name of short term gain he never ever achieved.

Look at what Woosha did.

Blitz is full of nuff nuffs that just want new toys.

7 Likes

Freo is in a great spot right now if they had the injured players on the park.

Rebuilt post their time at the top.

1 Like

I don’t buy the destroying lists thing. I think he is leaving the Freo list in very good shape.

If Worsfold leaves, I would not be opposed

2 Likes

Has been an up and down year for Freo but they can stake claim to beating Collingwood, Geelong, Brisbane and GWS at spotless when Gws were running hot.

1 Like

Absolute nuts.

Lost Neale, lost Weller, going to lose Hill and Langdon, paid overs for a “star forward” who is more concerned with partying with his mates and doing drugs than getting his body right, aging stars in Mundy and Sandi (retired now though) with Fyfe and Walters also pushing 30. Very likely to lose Brayshaw too.

Oh, and the culture at Freo is atrocious, favourites get it all and fringe players get nothing. Wasn’t too dissimilar at the Saints either.

2 Likes

Mark Harvey won’t be sticking around

1 Like

Don’t see a problem with that

1 Like

I’d much rather Rutten or Caracella become our head coach than Lyon.

5 Likes

Rutten and Caracella are the point for me. We have had trouble incorporating new game plans 2 years running.

Caracella will understand how to work in a complementary way to Rutten, and we should get somewhere next year that builds on what we’ve already done.

Getting Lyon would be starting again, and Rutten and Caracella would probably be a bad fit.

10 Likes

The future is Caracella. Why sign him and why leave the tigers if its not already promised?
Unless mucho more dollars for a sideward step.

So, before yesterday, was Lyon high on people’s lists of “Potential coaches to replace Worsfold”?

I’m going to go with No.

2 Likes

EFC:
If we should fail?

Ross The Boss:
We fail?
But screw your courage to the sticking place,
And we’ll not fail.

Negative talk about his defensive game plan is a little misleading. Defensive pressure has stepped up right across the league in recent seasons, defenders are fitter and that makes for an advantage over forwards. Thescoring trend is down overall. The days of high scoring teams are over for now.

brendan bolton lover, pipe down.

If Woosha left is consider it.

There would be allot of player who would be in serious trouble once he arrived. The fun and games they play not would be over.

That’s a very good point. Nobody should listen to what I want!

1 Like

And I thought the Paddy Ryder thread had some polarising views…

Send Skippy back to the forwards, and make Ross our midfield coach.