No more bets for Essendon

Not to fussed either way on this issue, not like it’s going to get me to close my centrebet account.

What a great move.

I rate this as the club’s best move since moving to Docklands. Good work all.

Angry reply in 5 … 4 … 3 …

What a great move.

I rate this as the club’s best move since moving to Docklands. Good work all.

Outstanding work. Doubt a single poster here will disagree with this decision.

Is a step in the right direction. Pokie machines obviously exempt and not classified as gambling income.

Dons fans, DO YOU LIKE A PUNT!

Apparently not…

Excellent. This makes me so happy. I think betting on sport and the way it is currently heading is a scourge on society.

Well done EFC, wholeheartedly support your decision

Well done!

Good.

I cannot support this decision enough. Well done EFC. Great decision.

That’s great. Good on you Xavier.

Great work XAV!

Gladdening to see the EFC taking the lead on a very important issue once again. It makes me sick to see a story like Brent Guerra’s followed by AFL b.s. about “better education” while gambling ads are sprawled across our sporting venues and clubs profit heavily from gaming. The AFL has the power to be a change agent in broader society and it’s time it took reprehensibility in this area.

The next step for the EFC is to begin to divest from pokies based businesses. Won’t be easy but it has to happen.

Well done.
Plenty of good reasons not to chase this particular dollar.

And I for one am gratified to hear something other than the usual TINA, what would you have us do? break the club? bullshit.

Fantastic move.

Congratulations to the club for making a brave moral decision. Well done. Fully support it.

I thought this was going to be about betting on us making the finals/wooden sppon had been suspended because of some saga development. First time I’ve been pleasantly surprised in quite a while.

A step in the right direction, well done to the Club

Hopefully in the future they can further lower their reliance on gambling with income from Gaming Venues

Wouldn’t be surprised if their hands were forced a bit on this one.
AFL sponsor - Crown Bet - where Vlad now sits on the board.
A good decision non the less.

Betting should not be sponsoring sport.
If they want to sponsor sport, then they shouldn’t sprawl it across tv stations during broadcasts and at the venue on screens the way the AFL do.