No Women's Team for Essendon in 2017

We will. Just not yet. Relax.

More important things to worry about at the moment unfortunately. That’s where our priorities should lie.

But I would like the see us involved in the near future.

^^^^ Exactly.

And I think it really nasty that people would say they would not be at all interested in watching these games without even having sampled it first.

I’ve seen enough to know I’m not interested in it. That Melbourne v Dogs game everyone was raving about was terrible. I won’t even watch the reserves play at my local country club because I don’t like the standard. Got nothing to do with what sex they are

Will they take different DRUGS to the men’s team?

^^^^ Exactly.

And I think it really nasty that people would say they would not be at all interested in watching these games without even having sampled it first.

I’ve seen enough to know I’m not interested in it. That Melbourne v Dogs game everyone was raving about was terrible. I won’t even watch the reserves play at my local country club because I don’t like the standard. Got nothing to do with what sex they are

Well, at least you can make sure that every time the game is mentioned, you go around saying how ■■■■ it is, so the encouragement flows.

And of course it has everything to do with the gender ffs. Pretending it is just ‘another game of footy’ is ridiculous. It will be different. It is new. That doesn’t make it ■■■■.

we do have a women's team, but they seem to only come out to play on anzac day and in finals

and milestone games…

I’d say the AFL is offering it to the puissant clubs as an additional control mechanism and promotional opportunity.

If it takes off, they don’t want the big popular clubs just owning the market like they already do.

With the recent and speculated re-signings, I was going to propose the team be known as the Essendon Hurley Hookers

The VFL team should be known as the Essendon Hird.

We were one of the first clubs and loudest clubs to express interest in fielding a women’s team, and now we’re not even bidding?

Well, it IS typical essendon media management. Talk big early, then change your mind, give up, and slink away with no explanation later on…

Clearly we are not a needed franchise

How the EFC has fallen

pls

Clearly we are not a needed franchise

How the EFC has fallen

Mate, the proposed league is centred around Melbourne and Footscray. It’s uphill to claim credibility after that start.

How the ■■■■ can the Dogs afford a stand alone VFL team and a women’s team, they can barely afford to pay their coaching staff?

(Yes it’s rhetorical, I know how they can afford it, I just think paying for other teams’ luxuries is a whole different level to helping keep them a going concern)

We were one of the first clubs and loudest clubs to express interest in fielding a women's team, and now we're not even bidding?

Well, it IS typical essendon media management. Talk big early, then change your mind, give up, and slink away with no explanation later on…

I get where you are coming from and I would also love to see an EFC women’s team but surely this is a financially wise decision?
After everything we’ve been through the last few years, the financial cost to the club would be massive - beyond what many other teams could sustain.
I think the women’s league is great but by far, I would much rather we get our team and finances back where they should be and look at branching into the women’s league down the track.

I’d watch the women’s team play. If they’re in our colours and carry our name then they’re Essendon. I think the rule differences suck though. Let them play the game how it is. I do agree, however, that perhaps this isn’t the right time to branch out into other things. We need to heal the club first before we add to it.

We were one of the first clubs and loudest clubs to express interest in fielding a women's team, and now we're not even bidding?

I get where you are coming from and I would also love to see an EFC women’s team but surely this is a financially wise decision?
After everything we’ve been through the last few years, the financial cost to the club would be massive - beyond what many other teams could sustain.
I think the women’s league is great but by far, I would much rather we get our team and finances back where they should be and look at branching into the women’s league down the track.

If the frigging Dogs and Dees can afford it, then we certainly can.

If the frigging Dogs and Dees can afford it, then we certainly can.

Sure they are minnows, but how much has the last 4 years crippled our club? Plus unresolved compensation claims? It’s not a farking endless money tree. I think the priority should be getting the AFL team to where they should be, then focus on where we can go from there.

Sensible decision with the way things are atm. There is plenty of time in the future to consider a woman’s team. EFC need to get their finances back on track before putting ourselves into further debt…

With the CAS hearing yet to play out and compensations claims waiting in the background, a women’s team would simply be another distraction.

we do have a women's team, but they seem to only come out to play on anzac day and in finals

This is a poor comment.

Outrageous. Can’t believe that someone would dare post a joke on the internet.