Non Essendon Finals Thread

Richmond remind me of Freo in 2013. They don’t have the class but they have the hunger. On Grand Final day you need both. The way Richmond played reminded me of what Freo did to Sydney in the prelim. They just smashed them and tackled them into oblivion. Unfortunately they couldnt maintain it the next week which gifted Hawthorn another premiership. I expect Richmond to make the GF and to lose relatively convincingly

Meh, watching it on replay it shouldn’t have been paid.

Watching it at normal speed and I think it’s there. Pretty ■■■■ way to lose a knockout final but so be it. Plus it’s Port so ■■■■ em. ■■■■ Kochie too.

If they didnt pay that free kick then the whole season has been a lie. Has been played all year. Yes he shrugged it up but it was a weak tackle and poorly placed. Was a free kick every day of the year. Has been much worse than that paid. 100% the tacklers technique that it ended up there

1 Like

???

Dont we officially finish 8th? Port will be 7th?

1 Like

I was going by other peoples comments so not really sure.

Now is definitely appropriate time to remind everyone that there is no “soft CH” in German.

It’s not “Kosh”. It’s “KO(K”.

Here’s proof:

GIANT KO(K.

5 Likes

He actually looks like a Koch with ears

1 Like

For draft purposes, I think the lower finishing elimination final loser is 8th, so yes I think we’d be 8th, port would be 7th.

That’s correct

Uhhh… doesn’t everyone’s? Guys?

nah I’m pretty sure we effectively won our way into 7th, port are 8th

Im trying to find a ladder/draft from the time before FA compo picks and academies and GC and GWS stuffed everything up. Loooong way back.

2007/08 is what I looked at. Adelaide finished 8th in '07, lost, effective draft after priority was 9 (ladder position 8th). Finished 5th in '08, lost, draft position 10 (ladder position 7th). You’d think it would be clearly spelled out somewhere on the AFL website or in the rules or something, but if it is I couldn’t find it.

Koch has had a big dummy spit. l wonder if any players will quote his speech as a reason for leaving if they ended up traded.