Not #39 - Heath Hocking

When I read the email it actually made me smile. I dunno about anyone else, but very little club news has made me do that recently. Go Bombers. Can’t wait for tomorrow.

Good player, good leader, good news.

Hocking goes BANG!

Good work Buddha.. now go and encourage the others to do the same
Sounds like he agreed with Joe D's "it's up to us to convince them to stay"...

An extremely underrated player and a great Essendon person. Really glad to have him for next year

So Heater’s last action on the field was to kick a match-winning goal…

And then Casa screws him over, but Blitz fails to post in his thread for more than six months…

Heater is not fazed and signs up ASAP…

We are not worthy!!!

Really hope the club get on the front foot with this and put it up in lights.

Even if he never played another senior game. Its good for fans,player,club.
Good luck to him,hope he is eventually exonerated.And is rewarded,on and off the ground.

I’m not surprised he’s a heart and soul player and will be great for our young mids. Well done Heath.

So Heater's last action on the field was to kick a match-winning goal...

And then Casa screws him over, but Blitz fails to post in his thread for more than six months…

Heater is not fazed and signs up ASAP…

We are not worthy!!!

Perhaps if we don’t post in the Hooker or Hurley threads for 6 months…

Well done Heater and we all can’t wait to see you running around in the Red and Black again in 2017.

Don’t be surprised if this see’s a few others follow suit.

Everyone at the club loves Heath and even more so now.

Great news.

Hopefully the other players will see how relaxed he is now he knows where he will be in 2017. They can join him or let their managers fark around in the media for the next 7 months with all the stress that follows.

Any doubters on his place in the team just have to re-watch the Collingwood game last year. Also, any comments about how important Crowley signing this year can be attributed to the hole that Heaths absence makes.
Not just best 22, but best 15. Very very important player to the centre square set up.
Absolutely over the moon he’s agreed to stay.

Notice that the Age has yet to report on this piece of news. What a surprise.

Notice that the Age has yet to report on this piece of news. What a surprise.

Probably because nobody works there anymore

Devils advocate, and sorry to say this because it's a sensitive subject. Kudos to him and the club for getting this done ASAP but I doubt he would of had other offers, so I guess he had too. Question is, would he be on the list next year if he had a full season this year? I guess we'll never know. Good luck Heater, l love your loyalty.

you’re giving hocking nothing, is our best tagger.

Heater and Crowley together what a team.
So the other 5 out of contract are Hooker, Myers, pears, howlett and??

From the afl website:

Hocking’s re-signing leaves five of the banned Bombers uncontracted for 2017. They are Tayte Pears, Ben Howlett and prospective free agents David Myers, Tayte Pears and Cale Hooker.

A pair of Pears.

Awesome news

Bring on the domino effect.