NRL 2020

Of course.

If there was live darts or Union or archery or crab racing, with literally no competition, it’d still rate it’s ■■■■ off into Melbourne (and most of the country probably the same).

Didn’t they declare 9Gem as their sports station moving forward, thought I read that somewhere?

I would be very surprised if most people 1, couldn’t access Gem, 2 didn’t know that is live on there

I rarely watch FTA but is 9GEM HD?

Yes it is

Ah cool, think I remember hearing that they were changing to HD for the Ashes but wasn’t sure if it eventuated.
I might check it out

Is 9 going to still be doing the next Ashes?

No, Seven and Foxtel have it

Ah well that is what I thought.

I assume you just jumped the discussion in another direction and I thought you were referencing 9 having the Ashes as that was what we talked about (9hd) lol.

Sorry, I meant the last time I’d heard about 9GEM going HD was for their Ashes coverage last year and I didn’t know if the HD went ahead or not.

Another QLD team to dislike

That would be disappointing.

Watching the NRL highlights in empty stadiums and I barely notice the difference between now and before. It looks very normal for them.

2 Likes

I know you are taking the ■■■■ but crowds are ok in NRL and people need to stop comparing them to AFL who will always get bigger crowds.
Some of those suburban Sydney grounds with the smaller size have way more atmosphere than a AFL game.

You put 12,000 people into a 12,000 capacity ground and of course it will have more atmosphere than 40,000 in 100,000.

Also, some of their cute little boutique grounds with all the atmos were a little bit stabby.

But I like how the NRL still has that bit of a suburban feel which the AFL lost long ago. I think killing off the suburban grounds in Melbourne destroyed a little bit of clubs soul.
There is still something unique about heading to a NRL game at Kogorah, Brookie or elsewhere

1 Like

the fake crowd noise is definitely good for tv…makes a huge difference. i like it

3 Likes

Yeah so the Broncos suck

I dont watch much NRL but here i am.

1. I dont mind the fake crowd
  2. The Broncos are a steaming pile of ■■■■

It’s absolutely glorious.

1 Like