NRL 2020

Yeah I don’t get why people compare the two.
League and Union are both good in their own rights. The confusing rules in Union turn a lot of people of it though and I can understand that.

It’s funny how the NRL has been basking in the rule change ( 6 again ). It fatigues the players by not letting the big forwards get their breath back leading to more tries and a more free flowing game. It has been such a success they want to implement it in all the other league comps around the world. Yet in AFL a lot of commentators want to shorten the quarters.

Yep, the 6 again rule is copping a bit of stick but I actually don’t mind it. I’ve never seen League be so fast paced before, lots of players look absolutely gassed before half time and there is now plenty of gaps for players to run through. The other thing I’ve really enjoyed is going back to one ref and the AFL would be much better getting rid of atleast one ump aswell IMO.

2 Likes

Yeh I agree. They have saved money and come up with a better game not a bad result.

Absolutely robbed again!!

Manly getting robbed is music to my ears.

2 Likes

C U Next Time!

Manly are the Fark Carlton of the NRL.

1 Like

Yep, utter trash

Played like garbage for 90% of the game but got up due to 3 tries in 5 minutes. 5-0 to start the season!

Well done Storm. Solid performance.

1 Like

Impressive by Penrith last night. Been a fairly interesting season so far and it would be a while since the Eels, Panthers and Knights were all sitting in the top 4 at the same time I’d think.
Massive fortnight for us coming up with both GF teams back to back. I will start to believe if we can come away with atleast 1 win from those two

Big test for the Eels today, a win would be huge for team morale against the top team of the comp.

Penrith were too good.
And they looked good from the start; big, fast, skilful, audacious, positive.

Storm just aren’t the team they were a few years ago. Their structures are the same and that works for them but they have a lot of new young blokes who haven’t been there long enough.
Whether they can get it all together for the finals, and whether they can keep up with the other contenders, I dunno.
I wouldn’t write them off, but it doesn’t look like their year to me.
They’re still good enough to pummel minnows, though.

Pretty poor performance tonight and shows we are still a way off

Panthers are legit. That was a fantastic performance to beat the Bunnies and a pretty good spectacle.
Much better to watch than the trash the AFL was serving up tonight

Melbourne Storm hand out 50-6 thumping to struggling Warriors

the roosters just keep turning up. They lose 2 to ACl injuries in the first 15 and they just find another gear to get it done.

Victor the inflictor will be a huge loss!

Eels won by a point in extra time. Should have won it in 80 minutes but very happy one of my teams has some backbone.

Titans demolished the Broncos and Siebold must be hanging on by a thread. The crowd booed them off at half time which I’ve never seen up there

And another 1 point loss for one of my teams…■■■■ sport.