NRL Supplements scandal

I thought the NRL's TV rights were a lot less than the AFL's.

Up until the most recent NRL deal, this was true. 

I was thinking the same, cos I remember laurie Daly (spelling) saying they had the best game in the the land, cos their tv rights was 120 million, around the same time we'd just signed a billion dollar tv rights deal,

IF they are up around a billion dollars now, that is one hell of a jump, esp considering the sport is really only played and followed in 2 states.

I was thinking the same, cos I remember laurie Daly (spelling) saying they had the best game in the the land, cos their tv rights was 120 million, around the same time we'd just signed a billion dollar tv rights deal,

IF they are up around a billion dollars now, that is one hell of a jump, esp considering the sport is really only played and followed in 2 states.

Almost a billion. Not far behind the AFL. Don't forget they have the three state of origin games which are massive massive drawcards. They also have newzealand.

League has alot of scope to grow. They are recovering from being crippled by the superleague and have also been run by factional club 'warlords' up until recently with the forming of the commission.

Didn’t they only just get their own Integrity Officers? They’re seriously a few years behind the afl. (Not necessarily a bad thing tbh)

The AFL deal was struck in 2011 for $1.25B.

The NRL deal in 2012 for $925M plus $100M in advertising.

The last bit smacks of desperation to look close to the AFL deal, and claims that the NRL earn more per playing minute matter to…well, I’m guessing someone other than the AFL.

Non-contra is 1.118 to 0.925, a difference of over 20%.

That’s not close. And the NRL are tied to that difference for over a year while the AFL puts an even larger gap between them.

Good analysis wim. 20% is a significant number. Not sure if league sold their online streaming rights where the AFL did. Anyway, far be it from me to stick up for the bum sniffers.

Didn't they only just get their own Integrity Officers? They're seriously a few years behind the afl. (Not necessarily a bad thing tbh)

Just before Wilson and the other NRL flogs started yapping up with the supplements, they were bemoaning that they a) had to have a commission and b) the damn clubs who form the commission wouldn't let the commission do their job.

Almost a billion. Not far behind the AFL. Don't forget they have the three state of origin games which are massive massive drawcards. They also have newzealand.

League has alot of scope to grow. They are recovering from being crippled by the superleague and have also been run by factional club 'warlords' up until recently with the forming of the commission.

The massive jump in TV rights is due to the ownership of News ltd expiring. And as stated before, they included a lot of contra to get to the $1B mark