Numbers 2020

True, although I would call that two lockers away…

Is Friday next week “next Friday” or is Friday this week “next Friday” (as it will be the next Friday to occur) , or is that just “Friday”? Could be interpreted either way.

It all depends on who you’re talking to! It also depends upon where we are in the week. It’s always best to specify as to which Friday you’re talking about. So, for example, Friday, 6 December or Friday 13 December, etc.

Why not? Nick Riewoldt never played for Essendon.

1 Like

Michael Werner wore #24

3 Likes

Don’t forget the cult hero that was Stephen Copping. One of the best moustaches to ever play…

5 Likes

from the looks of the lockers in the video today the two Irish fellas will take 39 & 41

Irish boys get some high numbers. maybe so they can be close to McKenna

1 Like

Does that absence of a name mean that Snelling moves from 40?

or he know wheres 40 is.

2 Likes

Snelling probably can’t see up that high, anyway.

6 Likes

Are you slagging off at Irishmen’s intelligence?

Would anyone know what number his dad wore in the u/19s or reserves (whichever one it was)?

@Mero maybe?

Look closely to the top right hand corner. His name is still there.

2 Likes

Which draftee was that?
I missed that news

Harrison Jones’ dad played in the EFC U19s apparently.

Craig Jones wore #9 in the Under 19s in the final season of the comp before it became the TAC Cup, which, by then, he was too old for.

His teammates in 1991 included Misiti, Mercuri, Calthorpe, Hills, Brett Montgomery & Glenn Manton

8 Likes

We’ve been saving #31 for a Fletcher boy for all these years. Mason is going off to try NFL. Would be hilarious if Max gets drafted and then turns around and does a Jobe Watson and doesn’t want his father’s number.

Jones said he was 24 from what I understood

Under 19 numbers are pretty much irrelevant.

Our 1966 premiership side had quite a few players who went on to senior football and I don’t recall any carrying their numbers with them.

Ken Fletcher wore #10 for instance, then because Alan Noonan had it at senior level, wore #21. His son then paid tribute by adding the two together and wearing #31, so his son will have to wear #52 by that logic…which, by the way, is no worse than some of the logic being trotted out in this thread.

2 Likes

The number worn by another famous Jones…Jack.

1 Like