Official BB review EFC v Port: Paddy "I'm a Sell Out Bastard" Ryder's return game

We have one player on our list that could have accelerated away from the pack and kicked the goal that Edwards kicked tonight. Him.

And we started him as the sub. And he got the chance to do it when the game was out of reach. And there was only 40 seconds to go. And every Essendon fan went “for freaks sake”. And we lost.

THAT decision, edwards as the sub, was mind numbingly ridiculous.

Without the benefit of hindsight, who would you have had as sub tonight?
All the kids need continuous games. Eventually, some will cement their places, while others will be shuffled around, and others will be dropped out. Why do you feel that Edwards turn is now, while others’ turns are later?

Isn't anyone else experiencing agonisingly slow page loads this eve??

yep.

Freaking Edwards the sub!!! I can’t get past that. Makes me so frigging angry.

Poor old Ambrose. What role is he playing I wonder. I like him but it must be said, he is battling.

The Good: * O'Brien - Tick. Best game for the club so far, a few dodgy handballs aside. Looks more comfortable * Laverde - Tick. Best game for the club, 2 goals, some great tackles, looks like he'll be a gun. * Langford - Tick. best game for the club. Looks silky, good mark, and 2 goals to boot. Only need 5-10kgs on him, very skinny. * Browne - Tick. Promising signs, kicked a ripper and is working his way back. * Hurley - Tick. Again. Another great performance. * Hooker - Tick. He looks great up forward, knows how to play up forward, looks very comfortable and is a great mark. Me likely. * Zerret - Tick. Looks like a 10 year old still, but does some very good things, 2-3 years will be a star. * Stanton - Runs all day, had a few shockers but overall very good again. * Hibberd - Getting back to peak form.

Meh:

• Zaharakis - okay. But improving. Still looks off the pace a bit.
    '* Steinberg - Did well for 2 1/2 qtrs until Ryder got some cheapies.
  • Mckernan - It’s cruel making him sole ruck because he’s not one. Some ridiculous frees against, but performed better this week.

Bad:

• Ambrose - Cross. Again, can’t really recall what impact he had. 9 touches…
  • Gleeson - Cross. So skinny, does some good things but some equally frustrating things.
  • umpring. Holy ■■■■, horrendous.

Agree with all but Gleeson
Thought his first half (bar the dropped mark) was really good. Died off a little in the second but still a good game

Hooker gives our young forward line a solid heart. Smack ok in the ruck, spookie lalas round here need to chill, I liked this team and they played hard. We all still can’t kick for ■■■■.

Game over when maggots made up the “dangerous tackle” free, wtf, anyone who doesn’t think we’re being crucified, I give you exhibit a,b and c.

Dangerous tackle free was ■■■■■■. Wingard does a ■■■■■■■ rugby tackle on Bags earlier in the game and nothing was paid.

Fkin afl website ‘ryders revenge…’ wtf has he got to be revengeful about!

Good signs from some.

Why

The

Hell

Was Edwards Sub?

“Well Riolio, look Shaun’s a quality person but we’ve got certain key parameters that…”

The sub rule is ■■■■.
Who would you have made sub before the game, out of interest?

How let. A runner and a goal kicker that understands the tempo of the game.

Edwards is JUST getting a handle on it now has his momentum killed.

Plenty of great signs tonight and some nice building blocks going forward. Only negative is we still persist with having no pace around stoppages or in centre bounces. It's the biggest structural weakness this team has.
Are you and I the only ones who can see this?

We are SLOW particularly around the ball. SLOW. We have nowhere near enough linebreakers.
We need players who can RUN and CARRY and then KICK IT PROPERLY.

Even our handball chains were breaking down though. There were some chains under pressure where not ONE handball was good.

Yeah - not fussed that Edwards was sub.

Langford and Laverde played full games and snagged 2 each which was ■■■■■■■ awesome.

Hooker fixes our forward setup.

Hurley was Hurley.

Pig getting back to his best.

We were scoring as freely as we’ve seen all year.

JD kicking another clutch goal.

and the draft pick is still safe.

Winning all round.

Plenty of great signs tonight and some nice building blocks going forward. Only negative is we still persist with having no pace around stoppages or in centre bounces. It's the biggest structural weakness this team has.

We are SLOW particularly around the ball. SLOW. We have nowhere near enough linebreakers.

Even our handball chains were breaking down though. There were some chains under pressure where not ONE handball was good.

Hopefully we keep playing our fastest player as the sub.

We have one player on our list that could have accelerated away from the pack and kicked the goal that Edwards kicked tonight. Him.

And we started him as the sub. And he got the chance to do it when the game was out of reach. And there was only 40 seconds to go. And every Essendon fan went “for freaks sake”. And we lost.

THAT decision, edwards as the sub, was mind numbingly ridiculous.

What you’re overlooking is that Edwards had been on the ground for just over a quarter at that point, and hadn’t had a possession. If he had come on an got 7 possessions and had an impact, you could say he was wasted as sub, but he got one possession in a quarter and a bit. He needs to do more. His highlights are superb, and he has great talent, but he has to contribute more, not just highlights.

Anyone else see the irony -
Bags gets turned over & nearly speared into the ground neck first by Wingard
Maggots call - holding the fkn ball against

Bags executes a near perfect tackle on Wingard - Maggots call - in the back against

Can’t fight city hall
■■■■ off BT with all your sky is falling on EFC bullshit
Yeah 23k eh - the AFL is reaping what it sowed 3 years ago
We still got 60k members

Last ten mins of first half sprayed shots for no return cost us the game but geez the boys had a crack

Really happy with the kids. We got beaten but no complaints really.
Great to see us kicking more than 10 goals.

I’m liking what Hird is starting to put in even though his hand has been forced a little.

Future is bright and haven;t been able to say that for a long time.

Good signs from some.

Why

The

Hell

Was Edwards Sub?

“Well Riolio, look Shaun’s a quality person but we’ve got certain key parameters that…”

The sub rule is ■■■■.

Good signs from some.

Why

The

Hell

Was Edwards Sub?

The sub rule is ■■■■.

Might as well delist. Career over.

Hopefully we keep playing our fastest player as the sub.

Oh I know.
I love Hirdy but F*** me Edwards should be playing four quarters. I don’t care whose girl he slept with.
Bad decision.
Mathew Farking Nicholls. Easily the greatest Wanker of an umpire the game has produced.
That's a huge call, in the face of SO MUCH COMPETITION FROM SO MANY CORRUPT MAGGOTS OVER SO MANY YEARS.

oops caps lock on, but will not apologize until they do.

How many times did ryder kick 4 goals for us?? Trust Essendon to let him kick 4, as always everyone always has the last laugh on us and take fkn liberties. Really eats me up inside.

Having said all that tonight’s result was perfect, kids showed heaps against the premiership favourites and we maintained our draft spot.

Poor old Ambrose. What role is he playing I wonder. I like him but it must be said, he is battling.

Ambrose has to be given a run as a backman. He won’t make it as a forward. It is a backman or nothing. I have read that he played for Bendigo (Ess) VFL as a backman and wasn’t good. Time to try again. He has the attributes.