Official ESS v Crows Review

PS -I looked and I looked - and each time they showed that kick from Howlett "hitting the post" I saw NOTHING. Hell, it actually may have hit it - but it was not even close to observable - the commentary was bewildering.

It clearly hit it, absolutely ridiculous it didn't get picked up by the goal ump or get reviewed.

Why did Zerrett handball backwards? Wanted him to run another 60m and launch it into the top deck, had Jacobs covered obvs.

I suspect he was tired, wasn't sure if he would escape both players, and knew the highest priority was to use up time. Although Jacobs was nearer, there was a second player catching him as well and he'd have had to bounce it soon.

I have decided that BT deserves aids. Fitting for the thing that he is.

That is out of order. Wishing something like AIDs on anyone is disgraceful. Just because you don't like the way he calls/sees a game.

Yeah that's an absolutely disgraceful comment. How could you wish BT on anything.

PS -I looked and I looked - and each time they showed that kick from Howlett "hitting the post" I saw NOTHING. Hell, it actually may have hit it - but it was not even close to observable - the commentary was bewildering.

It clearly hit it, absolutely ridiculous it didn't get picked up by the goal ump or get reviewed.
True. But then it was ridiculous that Hooker's mark in Q3 in the square wasn't paid which led to a goal of theres.

Great to see melk work into it too. Much better

Really? I thought he made way too many mistakes but I didn't really want to bring it up because of all the Melksham, lets call it criticism, recently.

He was far from great but much better in the contest and his work rate was better

I reckon we can beat the cats and pies. Kav, trav were both good. We looked like we had reasonable run tonight. We have a tough run, but the best teams beat everyone anyway so let’s do this.

That is out of order. Wishing something like AIDs on anyone is disgraceful. Just because you don't like the way he calls/sees a game.

BM didn't say "AIDS". S/he said "aids". Like "visual aids" because it's farking obvious BT blurts out whatever he likes without reference to what is in plain sight.

Or "hearing aids", "or "thinking - because its totally obvious you have no talent in this department, BT - aids'

Given where we're at right now, I thought it was a really gutsy win by the boys.

At the moment, any win is a good one. This was a good one.

Melk was solid. Got heaps of the ball and shared it round. I loved Trav’s game and PADDY AMBROSE!! The find of the year for mine, a genuine strong smart forward.

That’s 3 out of 4 folks! We’re on a roll!
(Albeit a bit of a bumpy one.)

Thought dempsey had some really good defensive spoils tonight

Agree with Ants.  Really poor form BM.  Seriously! 

I think we’re missing Pears up forward.

Anyone know Trav's disposal efficiency? Didn't see him miss a target.

Anyone else get emotional in that last minute of Bomber’s presser? Farkin hell :frowning:

I must be going blind! (Though I suspect from the Adelaide players reaction in unison that it probably did )- but on the TV - couldn't see anything definitive.

Heppell stepped up in jobe's absence. Really important around the contest.
Kav and trav have to keep their spots. They offer speed and pressure, 2 things we don't have an abundance of.
Hooker and pig in great form.

Hepps kicking was the best I've seen it too. Now to work on his set shots

Anyone dissing anything about this game can go and have a little walk and a think about things. This was a pressure valve win. We got there. That's all that matters. The presser with Bomber tells the story. We are playing the game between the ears far more than anyone else probably ever has. Because of things that have nothing to do with the game itself. Let the side celebrate the win and FFS why don't we all do the same. I'm farking proud of them. Well done fellas.

Bellys movement is very concerning. And I think it’s got nothing to do with ankle. He just looks so unfit.