Official Essendon farks Fark Carlton thread

If anyone watches the replay to the end - or I think it's a part of the highlights package on youtube - what surprised and please me was how excited Stokes was at the end of the game when the top ups, etc. came onto the ground and went to the Punt rd end. He was really encouraging the younger guys to enjoy it and soak it up. He may have been patchy onfeild this year, but I think we've probably misjudged him with regard to his outward personality a bit. You can see how close he has become with the young guys.

Anyway, thatā€™s my random comment from my third viewing of the match.

Possibly because he experienced the forward line coaching of Skipworth and thought to himself ā€œIā€™m half a chance at a coaching gig in 2017 if I play this rightā€.

Some gems from Talking Farkcarlton

ā€œā€¦at least we are not Richmond.ā€

All weve got in common

HAHAHA Still as funny the 3rd time.

http://i.imgur.com/5sKdlJh.jpg

The only rhing Cam Brown can successfully pick is his nose.

He can pick a fight and then lose it pretty good.

How old is master sameolds?

An older looking 6.

Yeah I thought he looked 7!

Lol, just really a post to say I was the other bloke you met in the 3rd quarter, the one that rarely posts in here.

Only just saw this mate.
We shall meet again. Meeting all these people is like sneaking into the oscars. Awestruck.
Watched the replay. In that's 3rd quarter we had loose men in defence and attack and I was thinking that usually happens against us, not for us.

Carlton donā€™t know how bad they actually are, their talent is still at the top end and they have very very few decent players below the age of 23. Cripps is a gun, weitering will be good and Phillips will be pretty good but canā€™t see many others.

Thatā€™s because you probably had too many beers because I can assure you all the Fark Carlton players were there on the ground.

Was talking about the talented ones.

I knowā€¦just said it in jest.

Fark Carlton

With both the reserves and the seniors win last week (especially a win against Fark Carlton) and the reserves win yesterday, the season is finishing on a good note, a very good note. Thereā€™s definitely a feeling in the air.

THE year 's at the spring,
And day 's at the morn;
Morning 's at seven;
The hill-side 's dew-pearlā€™d;
The lark 's on the wing;
The snail 's on the thorn;
God 's in His heavenā€”
All 's right with the world

Pippaā€™s Song
Robert Browning. 1812ā€“1889

Go Bombers

What happened to the celebrated point gif?
They sure do celebrate points hard down at Carlton:

Dat third qtr. Boys put on a clinic, crowd were up and about, JD AND Walla bringing the crowd to their feet. FC just laid down. Will def watch again over the summer

He can pick a fight and then lose it pretty good.

Slappy Brown, they call him.

What happened to the celebrated point gif?
They sure do celebrate points hard down at Carlton:

How would he have celebrated a goalā€¦somersaults, cartwheels.

This has to be a record for the longest running post game thread.

I dunno, how long was the post game thread after the last game played on Sept 2nd 2000?

I dunno, how long was the post game thread after the last game played on Sept 2nd 2000?

Blitz ainā€™t that old.

Blitz ainā€™t that old.

Wrong thread for this. But how old is Blitz?

2002, I think. I was a latecomer, joining in 2003.

Must be due to the great title. B)

2002, I think. I was a latecomer, joining in 2003.

Blitz started in 2001 I think (at least that was when made my first post). There was a merger of two previous forums, but not sure how long they had been around.