OK...so how many Facebook friends got unfriended

Mine have been pretty good really.  A bit of banter but a fair bit of sympathy which was quite surprising. 

don't have facebook, don't care for it..so therefore I conclude I have no friends

haven't deleted any......

Got one Saints supporter on very thin ice... but have more than enough ammo to throw back at him to shut him up...

mine have been great. There are a few amongst them who are usually the type to say something, but I think they know how much I’m hurting, so I’m very thankful that they’re being so nice.

I gave up on facebook a few months ago.  Was just so sick of the grief that many times wasn't even directed at me.  May consider re-engaging after the grand final but the fact is I'm so over footy this year I just couldn't be ■■■■■■ engaging with anyone in discussing it.

What are these things called friends?

Literally unfriended 180. Went from 220 friends to 40.

This thread reminds me of the old joke - "How do you know if someone doesn't have a Facebook account?"

I haven't unfriended anyone. In fact I've been having a great time stirring up Carlton and Hawthorn supporters, praising the club for "getting away with it." They get upset so easily!

haven't deleted any......

Got one Saints supporter on very thin ice... but have more than enough ammo to throw back at him to shut him up...

got one from a sainter the other day which was reasonably fair - One Direction with hird, bomber, dank, robinson and reids heads superimposed over the heading "One Injection".

responded with "One Premiership".

He conceded.

Thankfully the vast majority of my facebook friends are from overseas and thus don't care about the AFL and my Aussie friends aren't footy people either. So it's been very quiet on my end. My colleagues at work ceased and desisted with any comments after I questioned their intelligence for believing everything they read in a newspaper and told them a little tale of Ricky Mott that some people on this here forum would be familiar with. I've been commiserating with the only other Essendon supporter currently in the office (the other one is on long term sick leave) and trying to coax her on here, while giving her fair warning that the forum is full of lunatics.  :D

Literally unfriended 180. Went from 220 friends to 40.

that's brilliant. if I used facebook more, my stats would look more like this.

Thoroughly enjoyed all the "I don't have Facebook" posts.

None - all my friends are bombers supporters.

Aside from a couple..one a friend away from FB and the other a former work colleague, it's been pretty supportive.

Even Trout has been very good.

it helps when people bagging you are from teams that cant even make the 8 when it turned into 9th  , tho suprisingly all my pies friends have been good besides some fun bagging ( not to be confused with tea )  ,  it might be due to a mutual hatred of wilson that they see through the crap  lol

What about if we included Adult Matchmaker?

One. Some Collingwood wanker who was never a friend. Kept posting ■■■■ about us having the book thrown at us if we did something (yet was adamant we did) and how the ASADA report didn’t look good, the day the AFL said they’d got it (Caro?) just plain dumb stuff.

Then above everything he defended Caro by saying “She just tells it how it is” so I told him I expect Swan will be handing in his resignation then and hit delete.

None. I don't have any friends that are not Essendon supporters. Or are obviously American and wouldn't have any idea regardless. I thought some of the Denver Bulldogs would give me something, but I'm not sure they even know it's happening.

I have to say.... I'm VERY glad I've been here the whole time, and not there.

Living away from it has it's perks although since all my updates have been pro-Essendon I'm not sure I'm objective on the matter. I've rarely had to debate the issue with others and the few times I've had to have been quite unsettling because their opinions have differed so much from mine. A few things that were said really took the wind out of me. Watch out next time you travel back to Australia.

I'm sure many Blitzers have had to fight daily skirmishes on the subject and know how to hold their own in the debate. I can't imagine what it would have been like to have to deal with it every day from friends, colleagues and family.