Old people don't understand the Internet

Vlc media player?

Can you get that on Mac?

ios and mac os and apple tv

That was a reply to Ross.

eztv? That got ripped off. Did the thieves keep it going did they?

The original ez are now ettv.

FYI
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-EZTV-and-ETTV-release-their-torrents-separately-when-they-are-part-of-the-same-umbrella-group

Oh no!!! They’re going to block 5 of the large torrent sites in Australia!!

LOL.

Oh no!!!! They're going to block 5 of the large torrent sites in Australia!!

LOL.

What’s a torrent site?
I notice they didn’t include eztv

Utterly useless if you’re using a vpn. Or usenet. lol.

Your link disagrees with you?

ETTV existed way before the EZTV website shenanigans.

Oh no!!!! They're going to block 5 of the large torrent sites in Australia!!

LOL.

Because they haven’t been trying/threatening to do that for the past 5 years or anything…

Not sure what that link says DJ, I assumed it would say the same as the post I read by the poor ■■■■■■■ that had his trusted EZTV stolen by hackers.

Took all his/their passwords, then logged in, changed them, locked him out, then somehow stole all the domains as well, … even those in reserve in case of shutdown. And then TPB and other big Torrent sites had disabled the ez accounts and were (are?) no longer accepting eztv uploads. It was a while ago, but I don’t think it’s changed.

There used to be a message about it on TPB saying the former ez was ettv from now on.

This was the post I read way back then, message on TPB seems gone?

It’s now run from Argentina I think, rather than Italy.

It does have dodgy sponsors, telling you your computer has been taken control of…but you can avoid all of that. The downloads do seem fine, but it’s only TV.

I’m sure whoever made that fair quality meme back there, meant peasants, rather than pilgrims … or maybe plebs?

Interesting reddit … apparently a VPN is not required. (Pretty funny too, worth a full read)

I got to this one vv and pulled up, I’m gonna look closer into it tomorrow.

Yeah, you don’t even need to shell out for a VPN to get around this, you can torrent files over the darkweb with I2P. It manages to optimise traffic better than Tor for this.
If you want to have a look, I wrote a guide explaining how you can install and use I2P:
https://privacytutorials.wordpress.com/

Also,anyone know about this “Changing DNS” stuff they refer to??

Most likely the ISPs will deal with this by editing their DNS servers (the server that tells you that mysite.com can be found at the actual IP address 123.68.4.211).

The thing is… you don’t have to use your ISP’s DNS server. There are lots of other options — e.g. Google’s one at 8.8.8.8, who this court judgment doesn’t apply to.

No point using a VPN if you don’t change your DNS.

We all said it at the time and now the Gov is considering it, they are going to allow others to use the metadata. The slow erosion of privacy rights in this country is getting ridiculous.

We all said it at the time and now the Gov is considering it, they are going to allow others to use the metadata. The slow erosion of privacy rights in this country is getting ridiculous.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/this-is-the-real-threat-to-online-pirates-and-the-digital-privacy-of-australians/news-story/9ce03e418fdce798ffa4f69312bac964

It’s not slow, it’s chugging along.

Telstra have made the changes, as a DNS server modification. So very easily side-stepped.

Most likely the ISPs will deal with this by editing their DNS servers (the server that tells you that mysite.com can be found at the actual IP address 123.68.4.211).

The thing is… you don’t have to use your ISP’s DNS server. There are lots of other options — e.g. Google’s one at 8.8.8.8, who this court judgment doesn’t apply to.

You can even just punch in the site’s IP manually.

Blocking these sites is akin to taking the numbers off the front of a house. It’s still there, just mildly more difficult to find if you don’t already know where it is.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/this-is-the-real-threat-to-online-pirates-and-the-digital-privacy-of-australians/news-story/9ce03e418fdce798ffa4f69312bac964

That’s why you ever trust a bald headed carnt like Brandis. Metadata laws are a disgusting erosion of privacy rights in Australia and beyond.

That’s why you ever trust a bald headed carnt like Brandis. Metadata laws are a disgusting erosion of privacy rights in Australia and beyond.

Can someone give me a pen and paper equivalent of what they are asking for?