Old people don't understand the Internet

Turnbull is s greedy parasite that new full well how much he was ■■■■■■■ up the nbn.

2 Likes

Anyone here churned their NBN service from Telstra to Aussie Broadband?

How was the process?

Not from Telstra, but from ABB,… and from about 3 or 4 more after that.

Only Once was I off web for more than between 15 minutes, & about half an hour, … and that was about half a day, … and all included reconfig of original ABB Modem each time for the new provider.

Pretty simple. As easy as changing Mobile phone providers.

The mob you are going to are happy to explain everything, … and every one of them so far has told me Not to call the mob I’m leaving beforehand, … wonder why?? :smile:

Do you have a fixed line service as well?

Why did you leave ABB?

As in a VOIP phone service? No.

1 Like

They suddenly removed the lower tier plan I was on and raised their prices across the board on the others about 25% at the same time.

Just made me look around and I found the same (Tiered) one I’d been on (That Aussie had told me were being phased out and no one would be offering anymore -Lie) for a better price than I’d ever had from them. so I pizzed off.

Slow speeds. Pass :smiley:

Aussie offering top tier speed for 100mbps speeds telstra offering me, at the same price.

I’m paying 15 more month for ABB than competitors, but I also don’t want to drink a litre of acetone when I need to call their support line.

Horses for courses I guess. ABB gave me 48 on a 50 plan, and give me 100 on a 100 plan. And I’m FTTC. Can’t fault them

1 Like

I thought Top Tier WAS 100mbps??

I’m with a mob a mate put me onto now, “Superloop”.

Been fantastic. High recommend for anyone looking to move.

(PS … if you do, hit me up for an “Invite” code and we’ll both win! :vulcan_salute: )

Bit mixed on some of the reviews on Superloop.

Top tier is 1000 for those of us with FTTH.

Yeah, I don’t know. Aussie Cust service, answered within 5 minutes, decent hours for CS, … only spoke to them twice though. Haven’t needed to since connection. Speeds are perfect, always, … in fact faster than what the plan says it should be.

Also, … I can’t imagine what anyone without 6 to 8 Teenagers all with Netflix living under one roof would need more than 100mbps for. :no_mouth:

For now aussiebroadband is good. In a year’s time? Who knows.

They use Vocus’ infrastructure, so they’re good until they’re not. ABB uses (mostly) their own.

1 Like

Have been with ABB for a long time, well before they were ABB and their customer service has always been pretty good. Don’t need to call them often, probably haven’t for a year or two but when you do need them they are helpful.

1 Like

Our afternoon d/l speeds have been about 3 Mb/s the last month or more.

Tonight it’s down to 0.7! FFS. dialup was quicker

We are on iiNet in Perth. Does anyone else have these crap speeds? Can anyone in Perth recommend a better ISP?

I’m with iinet and it was slow on a couple of sites this morning but fine on others.

Not having any problems now (touch wood)

Some Sydney folks complaining, emails delayed by days

Internet taken over by Australia Post…

2 Likes

They sacked the person who had all the watches, they no longer know the time.

3 Likes