Online Xmas Purchases

Had 2 items one from Uk and 1 from melbourne.
The Uk one arrived just before the melbourne one.

2 Likes

Send two items from Melbourne on Monday, the one for Portland arrived on Tuesday, the Geelong one arrived on Thursday. Can’t figure that one out at all.

1 Like

I ordered a new hybrid golf club for my old man on the 11th from the Gold Coast. Paid extra for courier as opposed to AP who invariably make it difficult to post golf clubs, either not accepting the parcel (most clubs when packed exceed the 105cm length limit) but often when they do accept the parcel, they won’t leave it if nobody home and I have to go to the local post office which opens only Monday to Friday 9-5:30 which is as useful as a screen door on a submarine for someone like me.

Anyhow, I paid extra for a courier to avoid this situation yet I am still waiting. The reason being, the peanut who attached the shipping label couldn’t even do that properly! I called the supplier on Tuesday asking where the package was & explained that the tracking number he sent was useless as there was no scan data. Long story short, he called the courier company (Couriers Please) and they located the item at their Sydney depot but it had been there for nearly a week as no shipping label was found on the parcel. Apparently that’s sorted now but tracking information logged shows the parcel has only made it as far as Canberra as of Friday. Don’t think dad is getting his golf club tomorrow somehow. Just a clusterfk from the moment I paid. Goes to show, doesn’t matter who the courier is if there’s incompetent people handling it at any point. In my case, the incompetence came from the seller and the original pick up driver who should’ve been scanning the items on his/her consignment.

Got all mine. Even the package from Bulgaria.

Order heaps of stuff from all over the globe this year. Received every single item, well before xmas.

1 Like

Anyone signed up for Amazon Oz?

I’m a Prime member in Canada and it’s fantastic, am curious to see how it translates back home.

On of my Mates got an online package from Bulgaria.

They are now married and live in Moonee Ponds.

4 Likes

That’s because your ears are sh*t.

BOOM BOOM!

Not that l have bought anything here for a while, but the delivery service in China is nothing short of brilliant, and often times packages arrive sooner than the company says they will.

Indonesia on the other hand would be about as incompetent as it is possible to get. l once sent a postcard from Lake Toba to China, and it took more than three months to arrive. Late last year l waited a month for a check to arrive at the central post office. lt finally arrived after 5 weeks.

I’ll pay that