Oops, maybe a $2 Million fine for "bringing the game into disrepute"?

The assertion over here on radio is that the two blokes in question used their positions to gain favour with their younger colleagues but is this definitely the case? Because if they’re just people who like each other then it’s none of our business and not grounds for a resignation.

5 Likes

Pretty sure the AFL wouldn’t lie to the public.

12 Likes

Good point Deckham. Sexism? Or more to it. Either way, all four should be sack a roonied.

How is it that these two ‘situations’ come to light and reach a denouement at exactly the same time? If it’s not absurd coincidence, in what way are they related. Either in terms of what happened or how they came to light? That’s what I’d like to ask.

4 Likes

"…Can I please ask that the people involved are allowed to deal with the personal and family matters out of the public sphere.

The senior leaders in our game sign up for public scrutiny, but families and others in our business do not, and I ask for their privacy to be respected." - Gillon McLachlan 14-07-2017

What a ■■■■.

15 Likes

The fish is rotting at the head.

7 Likes

i guess gil wass"shocked to be sitting here" ?

2 Likes

One of these ladies doesn’t happen to have a mother name “Sarah” by any chance?

So did the 2 women quit as well or was it just the 2 blokes who had an affair?

2 Likes

Who would have thought that chauvinism and entitlement over women were an issue with fat cat buissness men, especially the boys club of the football industry.

5 Likes

FORESIMKISS

Would that be the same Sex Discrimination Commissioner who is a director of the Farkcarlton football club & “proud advocate for the AFLW”?

What did the review cover?

or uncover???

This is a huge setback for the AFL. For example, these key executives were close to securing Paul Lekakis to perform at the grand final:

2 Likes

If you had to resign because you had rooted the young girl in the Office back in the 1980’s then many blokes I know would had a new job every month.

Have they really done something wrong, or is it a sign of our politically correct times.

2 Likes

Two upper management AFL execs resign?
Bet on it - this is serious.

1 Like

How serious?

Did they rape anyone ? Maybe they had lessons from the Saints or maybe Ricky Nixon on how to treat a Young Lady.

1 Like

I can’t see them being sacked for ‘having an affair’. Both of them. Simultaneously. Directly after a review is completed. And made public.

Can you?

4 Likes

What do you have to say now

" i never penetrated anyone"

1 Like

These days I can !!

Last time I worked for a large corporation, I had a guy who work for me who made an audible sound when a Young Lady in the office bent from the waist in front of him… He didn’t even realise that he made the noise, but he was nearly sacked, until I managed to get some sanity into the situation.

If these guys have done something bad, then get the Police involved and charge them.

Oh, I agree!
If not …well, as I was saying…Gil wouldn’t have brought it up…