Oops, maybe a $2 Million fine for "bringing the game into disrepute"?

This is really the only scenario i can see in which the sacking of them is reasonable. Otherwise, its the AFL moral police at its finest again.

And i see Wilson has wasted no time naming the (alleged) women. What a charming lass she is.

5 Likes

If the women are victims to (something) and Wilson has named them, she should be thrown out of her profession in disgrace, and then charged with contempt.

8 Likes

There is nothing like a bit of schadenfreude to make you feel better. ā– ā– ā– ā–  the AFL!

Agreed. And since she has a direct line to Gil, Iā€™m inclined to think the women are being hung out to dry deliberately. For whatever reason.

3 Likes

A sexually experimental environment.

21 Likes

Iā€™m thinking there is some exec code of conduct that comes with the massive salary, that covers this type of behaviour. One is a mistakeā€¦ two is a really big problem!

And if thatā€™s the caseā€¦and thereā€™s nothing criminal, then the women are as much part of it as the men. Either there are victims, or there are not.

1 Like

Is anyone else turned on by all of this?

1 Like

Depends on the circumstancesā€¦ you have the second most powerful guy in footy in the mix and if heā€™s using that power inappropriately itā€™s a cultural problem. I donā€™t know, or wish to know the circumstances but itā€™s an all too common occurance.

Age has published names and social media photos of the women involved. You stay classy, Fairfax

11 Likes

If he used his position to garner sexual favours, then that is a crime, not just a company policy.
If the issue is ā€˜no internal relationshipsā€™ and it was consensual, then both parties are in error.

1 Like

Gilā€™s (and therefore Wilsonā€™s) agenda here will be to make Gil look good. Hence the age today will be chock full of Gil quotes about firm leadership and zero tolerance, and empty of questions about oversight, cultural problems, Gilā€™s questionable choice of likely successor, and how long people had known about this. I expect the Age named the women for the same reason. Give the press pack someone other than Gil to chase around. If someone manages to scrounge bikini pics of the women off Facebook or something, thatā€™ll pretty much complete the distraction operationā€¦

6 Likes

Not that thereā€™s anything wrong with that ā€¦

I reckon thereā€™s a whole lot more to it than what weā€™re hearing to be honest.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree.
Doesnā€™t add up.

2 Likes

The problem with work place relationships is it is way too simplistic to just say ā€˜itā€™s two consenting adults, whatā€™s the problem?ā€™. There is almost always a dynamic of power at play, even if not explicitly stated. This is exactly why Tim Worner has copped so much heat in the media for his fling with Amber Harrison.

If these guys had affairs with women outside of the AFL organisation there is no problem and they would still have their jobs.

Itā€™s not political correctness. If I slept with an employee who worked for me Iā€™d expect to lose my job too.

6 Likes

Who?

Agree. Not that i really give a stuff, Iā€™d rather not judge people on this sort of thing. None of my business.

1 Like

Sooo, ā€œA Sexually exploitative environmentā€

(ā€¦ ist verboten!!.)

I can only assume that is a joke that Iā€™m not getting, or you donā€™t read any news at all if you havenā€™t heard of either Tim Worner or Amber Harrison.