Oops, maybe a $2 Million fine for "bringing the game into disrepute"?

Nonsense. It is none of our business what two consenting adults do, even if one is married with 4 kids.

And cheating on a Wife or Husband, is an issue for them. Not a workplace or public matter

6 Likes

Incorrect. Companies do have rules on such things and have for a very long time. It may be covered up whenever possible but it is still not acceptable.

Some Companies sometimes have rules about behaviour on Company time, and if you rooted your secretary on the boardroom table at lunchtime then you may be in trouble, but out of the work space ?

Every company I’ve worked for has policies around acceptable behaviour and very strong policies around acceptable behaviour for execs. An affair with someone under your umbrella of control would be grounds for dismissal.

1 Like

I agree. I work for a company where the CEO apparently did root his secretary on the boardroom table at lunchtime and I can tell you that he did indeed get sacked for that.

What if you root your secretary outside the office on the weekend and then on Monday you recommend he or she gets a promotion?

1 Like

Extreme but that’s exactly why it’s frowned upon. Got nothing to do with sex really.

You could take a demotion and get her fired instead

Here’s Ol’ Gil’s statement:

The AFL that I want to lead is a professional organisation based on integrity, respect, care for each other and responsibility.

[I mean, I pretty much corpsed as soon as he said this. Bruce Francis will probably write a 5000 word article based on this sentence alone.]

We are committed to a process of change, and I am confident that that change is being seen and felt across our industry.

[Um, why don’t you try the “show” rather than “tell” approach in this personal laying out of your feelings?]

Last night, I have accepted the resignation of GM Football, Simon Lethlean and GM Commercial, Richard Simkiss.

[They were sacked, and I’m lying. Or they’re more credible than I am.]

This has occurred following issues that have fully come to light over the past few days.

[“fully come to light”? Such a deliberate obfuscation it confirms you/the AFL knew enough to act for a long time.]

They were quite separate matters, but have caused distress and concern to a number of people.

[What a coincidence the separate matters came to a head the same evening. Yeah nah. As for the “distress and concern to a number of people”: just say “they/we were/did wrong. We actually apologise.”]

Simon and Richard have both been honest and forthright to me, and to their credit owned their mistakes and do not want the work of the AFL to be impacted by their actions.

[So honest and forthright that they didn’t simply tell you, but let it get eked out over a period of, apparently, many months.]

I expect that my Executives are role models and set a standard of behaviour for the rest of the organisation.

[Expect or hope? You haven’t been paying attention if you actually believe the former.]

They are judged, as they should be, to a higher standard.

[To what standard does the CEO get judged?]

Many would ask why, but it is imperative for the way I lead and for our organisation to continue to change.

[I ask “why?” a lot of times when I ponder AFL leadership.]

I want a diverse and inclusive culture – where employees are treated respectfully, fairly and represented at all levels. It is what we have been working so hard to achieve.

[It’s a good thing that the likes of players and the media spin department are not employees/reporters of the AFL, then. Fark them.]

The journey we are on to a more equal and respectful workplace must be more than just words - it must be backed up with action and change.

[So far your words have just been avoiding the issue you’re apparently here for. And the action appears to be telling SWMNBN to write an article targeting the apparent victims.]

We have come a long way.

[No, it just feels like it.]

Today, I have appointed Andrew Dillon, Legal Counsel and GM Game Development as acting GM Football. Darren Birch, our GM Growth, Digital and Audiences will be acting GM Commercial, a position he previously held.

[Yeah, I got nothing, apart from the creative approach the AFL has to the law.]

These are both workplace and personal matters. As CEO, I am dealing with the workplace issues, and can I please ask that the people involved are allowed to deal with the personal and family matters out of the public sphere. The senior leaders in our game sign up for public scrutiny, but families and others in our business do not, and I ask for their privacy to be respected.

[GET FARKED, YOU FARKING FARKER. As I believe a couple others may have already commented.]

This has been a very difficult time, but as CEO, I had to accept the resignations.

[Has the “difficult time” been that long time since you didn’t know “fully” there was a problem?]

This weekend, our 18 clubs will again take the field, and everyone who works in our industry must not forget that the game, our fans, our clubs and our people are our first and last responsibility.

[LOOK OVER THERE!!! Also, covering our butts is our actual focus.]

13 Likes

Not that we know of, BUT, three of his executives did.

Lethlean, who was paid around $900,000 a year, had an affair with young Sydney-based AFL staffer Maddi Blomberg, girlfriend of rugby union star Kurtley Beale.

$900 FARKIN’ THOUSAND.

5 Likes

Yeah, like that ■■■■■ at The Age and the 45 journalist camped on James Hird’s lawn.

2 Likes

James Hird to present Norm Smith Medal on grand final day.

Was he invited just to create a diversion for ShagGate?

Yes but it’s like ceo’s pay. You’ve got to pay big to get the best. And there’s no one better than Simon whatever his name is.

10 Likes

I’ve read this whole thread, and all the articles, and as much as I try

I just don’t give a fark about this. At all.

9 Likes

Does seem like interesting timing

#AFLrootgate

5 Likes

How’s the HS saying the men were predators. Am I mad or is that sexist towards women?!
The two women weren’t forced by the men, they were two willing participants yet the Hun makes it out as if they were powerless to stop the advances by the men.
They may have initiated it!
Sure the men were higher in the employment hierarchy than the women but outside of the office they’re on level pegging.

2 Likes

This makes my blood boil. It is a bunch of weasel-words strung together and squeezed out like a
like ■■■■ beads or something. What a farkin lying pos he is.

2 Likes

That can be the case but not always. Some men use their position to gain sex in a way that makes it clear that if they don’t the girl will have trouble. I dated a girl who went through that (before i dated her). She was young, no family, no friends at the time and the guy knew it.