Open training sessions

Probably another thread on it somewhere - but if you have kids, make sure you get to an open training session.

Half the team hung around for photos and autographs - massive thrill for the young ones.

So where's the report???

so tomorrow, Saturday, the training run is at 10am?

Yep.

I'm assuming it's at Subi?? I live a couple of minutes from the oval so will walk over and see anyway. May provide a report but generally don't understand WTF is going on/nothing happens on captain's runs.

It’s in melb. Not Perth.

We havent had a training run here for ages. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What about when Leroy got delisted in the off season and trained with West Coast hahaha

It's in melb. Not Perth.

As in the main team is training and then flying out? Or is it the vfl guys?

Yep.

I'm assuming it's at Subi?? I live a couple of minutes from the oval so will walk over and see anyway. May provide a report but generally don't understand WTF is going on/nothing happens on captain's runs.

sorry, i think its in Melbourne, before they fly out.

that would mean they can take the 13.00 Virgin flight for a 15.25 arrival in Perth.

its a training run , harden up geeze, be more worried about a win , training runs are more about signatures and photos in my experience,

if thats what you want then i actually feel sorry for you , i'm just not into that ■■■■

its a training run , harden up geeze, be more worried about a win , training runs are more about signatures and photos in my experience,
if thats what you want then i actually feel sorry for you , i'm just not into that ****

Not sure where your from Pioneer but its massive for interstate supporters to see the side come to their state and play, I believe the club should always make some kind of effort to embrace interstate fans when traveling.

You make a good point LWM.  They do have Bell and Kommer(?) at the ground for that purpose.  But I am surprised they are leaving so late for the game.

if thats what you want then i actually feel sorry for you , i'm just not into that ****

You come to an essendon fan forum, for people who are pretty crazy about essendon, to say you feel sorry for people who want to watch a training run?
I feel for you mate, maybe try YouTube or redtube as a way to spend your time on the net.

Interstate training sessions, its the vibe of it.

it was more of a tongue in cheek comment but it would be great to see the side train. Interstate supporters dont experience that, once a year if your lucky but for years if we have one here its generally been a closed session. Ive got freinds who have kids that support essendon and the only time they will ever get a opportunity to meet their favourite player, get something signed...is a training session. We can't just pop down to tullamarine can we...

One thing that I find confused is having a training session the day before a game.  That does't seem normal.  It must just be a light skills session and also a chance to test the fitness of some of the players.

You come to an essendon fan forum, for people who are pretty crazy about essendon, to say you feel sorry for people who want to watch a training run?
I feel for you mate, maybe try YouTube or redtube as a way to spend your time on the net.

sound like your the one who needs to get a load off , chill dude , i just dont see training runs as that exciting , maybe cause i'm not 18

sound like your the one who needs to get a load off , chill dude , i just dont see training runs as that exciting , maybe cause i'm not 18

its school holidays, its raining, auskick is cancelled, the wife is on the war path, good chance to get the kids out for some fresh air and a maybe have a kick on the new ground. to be honest my kids would only recognise the players if they are in playing kit, so as long as there is at least one person at the HPC in an EFC tracky, they will be happy.

When I was living in Sydney I took every available opportunity to meet and talk with the players. Being hopelessly outnumbered by swans supporters and NRL supporters, mixing with other Dons supporters was a much appreciated sanity exercise.

When I was living in Sydney I took every available opportunity to meet and talk with the players. Being hopelessly outnumbered by swans supporters and NRL supporters, mixing with other Dons supporters was a much appreciated sanity exercise.

i hear you I lived in sydney for 4 years , worst 4 years of my life :)

went today and it was just the 'captains run' which suited me and the kids fine. they stayed out for 30-40 minutes, had some goal kicking practice which was pretty lazy and just for a laugh. managed to see most of the players leaving the club and got a few photos and all the players spent time signing stuff for the kids and those that should know better.

it is mind boggling that most professional sports you would not be able to get to within a hundred metres of a facility or an organised training event, let alone have the opportunity to say hello and have the kids take a photo or two. will make sure we come out again to waste a few hours and have a kick on the oval.

Fletcher left early in his own car, so i guess hes out, didnt see Chappy, Hurley and Winderlic didnt appear to train, but they were on the bus.