Open Training - Tuesday 23rd December, 9:30am

I shall be there as well. Look for the guy with number 9 on his jumper, Prince Harry look-alike :stuck_out_tongue: hahaha

Looking forward to seeing Blitzers too! :slight_smile:

I’ll also be looking out for a Bart Cummings look-a-like being led around by an inquisitive lass often seen wearing flouro leopard print tights and the like.

Justin Rodski ‏@justinrodski 13m13 minutes ago
Great initiative tomorrow at our @EssendonFC xmas open training with ■■■ coach Matty Egan wearing a mic & explaining the drills to fans

Coondog prolific in the bit of the intra club game I saw. Looks good

Much bigger turn out than expected, can’t see any blitz caps yet! And every kid is in bombers gear it seems except mine, he’s in an “animal” shirt…

A reply to: @David J Richardson regarding QuoteLink

Did they have a godawful DJ this year?

No, I was at work.

And I took his spot, clearly

Wear sunscreen as there is little / no shaded area to watch training from. Not sure what tomorrow is like but when I went it was about a 2 hour session!

assuming no on site parking so get there a few minutes early to get some parkin in the streets around.

No, I was at work.

Can anybody give me an update on Shane “Footsteps” Falco today?

Last training sesh before Xmas.

Fair to say their mind probably isnt at training…

XMAS AT HIRDY’S?

And watch your fkg mouth about laverde

I didn’t go today, but most days i’ve been the kickings been fine.

Can we stick to the usual lid off training reports please

I want to hear about Coooon bursting out of the pack, passing to Long who pops the ball out in front of Joe who takes it at the highest point.

Kicking was a bit rusty this time last year too. Think it’s just this time of year.

@ealesy05

No doubt he still has his closing speed, reach and is probably one of the all time greatest readers of the play but running and running and running is just so important that i do wonder at what point it is going to start to show with fletch. Having another guy who can clunk it as third man up may also prove attractive if carlisle is staying forward becuase it isn’t exactly hurley’s strong suit either and hooker is more often than not the no.1 defender (not that that stopped him pealing off and being the best intercept mark in the comp last year).

Took my little 4 year old daughter out there this morning. She wanted a photo with hepp but it was a tough ask as obviously he was very popular and was on the main side. We grabbed a photo with her second favorite, Ariel, before we left. Very good turn out. I didn’t get to see much of training though.

Also swapped my wife’s membership nanna scarf for the far superior men’s one. Why did the club think all of their female members are pensioners?

Stein and Gwilt might be better marks than Fletcher, but I think it is highly doubtful that they would read the play as well as Fletch, have Fletch’s closing speed or ability to get a fist to the ball out of nowhere like Fletch.

Of course given Fletch age, it is a certainity that he will be managed through the season and miss the odd game here and there either through planning or because he has a niggle.

But overall Fletch has far too many intangibles and too much freak factor for me to see either Stein or Gwilt overtake him and get picked before him on talent and because they bring more to the team than he does.

Lets not even disucss what Fletch brings to the team in terms of backline leadership.

Hi @em2009