Open Training - Tuesday 23rd December, 9:30am

Have to say wasn’t impressed by match practice. We absolutely cannot hit a target. The number of passes that missed completely or landed one metre in front was staggering.
The intensity was good but execution was horrendous.
Maybe it doesn’t help when our better users in Licha, Watson and Hibberd were not training.
Gwilt looked solid and seemed the quarter back.
Laverde great dash through middle before turning it over by foot.
Long just couldn’t get to right spots today.

Reckon this is the biggest crowd Cooney has played in front off?

dare i say it but i think Stein and Gwilt will put pressure on fletch for his spot this year. Both are better marks than fletcher and both probably have it over him for endurance i’d vouch. we might see a bit of horse for courses with fletcher, don’t think he will be an automatic selection each week.

A reply to: @CJohns regarding QuoteLink

I will be there... Hope to say hi to many blitzers i haven't met

C Johns, whats with the twitter conversation canvassing appeals on both sides. What brought that on ?

Thought Gwilt was impressive in the intra game as well. Beat Daniher a few times. Very good by foot as well.

I’m bringing the camping chairs and setting up on the hill. BBBQ time

A reply to: @Jefferson regarding QuoteLink

I'm bringing the camping chairs and setting up on the hill. BBBQ time

got enough for the collingwood scouts?

See you there.

i think last time they closed the gate they had a bloke as a guard, maybe asking him if you can drop off your friend near the entrance and then go park your car in a street?

A reply to: @chris_64 regarding QuoteLink

Did anyone see jake Carlisle driving around in a golf cart. Did not train. Did not run, Did not walk, that looks bad. Really bad. Has not played or trained much since August. Thats nearly 4 months. Is it a secret, whats wrong with him? A hamstring is 6-8 weeks. Even with the most conservative treatment, he should be back into skills training.

In the latest article on EFC it says he has knee tendinitis issues which he managed all of this year. I expect they just having him work through period of rest. Not ideal.

Did anyone see jake Carlisle driving around in a golf cart. Did not train. Did not run, Did not walk, that looks bad. Really bad. Has not played or trained much since August. Thats nearly 4 months. Is it a secret, whats wrong with him? A hamstring is 6-8 weeks. Even with the most conservative treatment, he should be back into skills training.

A reply to: @ivan regarding QuoteLink

dare i say it but i think Stein and Gwilt will put pressure on fletch for his spot this year. Both are better marks than fletcher and both probably have it over him for endurance i'd vouch. we might see a bit of horse for courses with fletcher, don't think he will be an automatic selection each week.

Fletch will not be matched up on mobile forwards, not when you have players like Gwilt and even Stein available. I hope he gets to the record. He is still a great cool head as a sweeper and distributor. But lets face it, Hooker and Buckets covered for him in the air in the last 3 years.
Not saying he isnt a champion. Its just almost time, and there are players putting in valid claims for a spot.

Pingassss

Not too worried. Gotta manage him properly. Don’t want him doing a Kommer on us next season. He’s been running for quite some time (unlike Kommer). Arguably our most important player (as far as giving it a roost) in 2015.

Very worried about jake c

A reply to: @Speedy Gonzales regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @chris_64 regarding QuoteLink

In the latest article on EFC it says he has knee tendinitis issues which he managed all of this year. I expect they just having him work through period of rest. Not ideal.

beej said he’s managed it all his career.

also can’t remember jakey doing much training this time last year.

Looking foReward to the match reports and pics, have a good day.

How many out there today? Was going to go, but had last minute change of plans.

Was a nice morning - went there with the missus.
Met a couple of young 20-something girls, who were all googly-eyed over the players, and was fun chatting with them about things.
Lots of kids, nice family feel.

I was particularly impressed with a couple of players -

Gwilt - confirms my high regard of him. He fumbled a pass, but apart from that, is going to make a difference in the backline. Teams well with Demps (who is still looking a little chubby). Marks well, good vision, out muscled Joe continuously. He’s quite a big and strong lad.

Edwards - Agile, fast, nimble, quick, penetrating kicking, works beautifully off the flank. He will play this year.

La Verde - could almost get a game straight off. He’s not far off physically, and looks like a good utility.

Stein - when it finally clicks for him, he’s gonna shine. Has all the tools. Makes a couple of rushed mistakes, but I believe it is tweakable.

Cooney - nice burst of speed, still there. Lovely kick. Oozes class.

There were other notable points of interest - like when Joey ran down (Fantasia too far to see??) and did it with attitude :slight_smile:

Lloydy was there at the end running Joe and Ambrose through goal kicking practice. Results appeared that Joey might be improving, Ambrose is about the same off a high base.

No doubt Joe is in the top 22 . Ambrose may not be automatic best 22 and he is a very accurate kick anyway. Not sure what this indicates, because there are a lot of good players pushing for selection in the forward line. Why weren’t they doing goal kicking training ?

I suspect Ambrose will be asked to become a leading forward and to lead out as much as possible, since he has the tank he can do this many times in a match. This takes away one defender and makes it a bit easier for the tall forwards to mark the high ball, but he would be a genuine target.