Operation Human Shiel

So I should pretend I’m a Hawks supporter and give him a Croatia top is what I read out of this.

1 Like

…tell him, tell him, tell him, tell him right NOW!

3 Likes

Take a Superliminal approach

1 Like

Step 10: Darren Bewick

5 Likes
4 Likes

SREBMOB EHT NIOJ

25 Likes

BM there is only 1 thing to remember, never go the full Donnington!

Those steps are completely wrong.

NOTLRAC KRAF

10 Likes

I would never take it to doing bicep curls levels. Now that would just be silly. Plus I would embarrass him.

images%20(2)

Hmm, how does this help us land Dylan?

1 Like

Maybe we can sacrifice Donnington and everyone destined for the cannon?

2 Likes

Kidnap him,keep his eyes open Clorkwork Orange style,making him watch constant replays of Essendons 2000s GF win.

1 Like

Have to include 84/85 as well. Just to FK Hawthorn

2 Likes

So, seeing as you have appointed yourself the Bomberblitz OHS* officer, you could leave these articles lying around:

*Operation Human Shiel

Smith delights in win, GWS coach at a loss

27 May 2018 — 1:26pm

Devon Smith admits it felt strange to tackle some of his mates into submission, having played a key role in Essendon’s 35-point win over former AFL club Greater Western Sydney.

Smith requested a trade to the Bombers after the 2017 season, craving more time in the midfield but also more games after he was overlooked for all three of the Giants’ finals.

The 25-year-old was outstanding in his first outing against GWS, harassing them with a game-high 13 tackles while helping himself to 21 disposals and a goal.

[

Devon Smith and Orazio Fantasia celebrate.

Photo: AAP

There was no shortage of banter during the Spotless Stadium showdown.

Smith let Adam Tomlinson know all about a costly 50m penalty the GWS defender gave away in the last quarter, while he pointed to the scoreboard after a later scrap with Aidan Corr.

“Today was a long day, waiting,” Smith told ABC Radio.

"There’s mixed emotions.

"It was my birthday this week (last Sunday) and I got a few messages with boys saying ‘happy birthday, I hope you’re sore’. There was a bit of banter.

[

Bombers go back-to-back in win over Giants

Essendon have made it two wins in a row for the first time this season as they beat GWS 95 to 60 at Spotless Stadium.

"Hopefully I’ll bump into a few boys tonight and maybe have a quiet beer.

“It was strange, but I really enjoyed it.”

Essendon coach John Worsfold for full of praise for how Smith handled an occasion that can sometimes unsettle players.

“Dev doesn’t lack in confidence, so I think he was on one hand really excited about coming up here and playing,” Worsfold said.

"But he played the way he has been playing for us. He’s brought a lot of intensity, pressure, hard run and speed.

"He did that again tonight. He wasn’t overawed by playing against his mates or anything like that. He was very focused.

“He was very controlled tonight. He loves a contest but that’s just a natural part of his game.”

The expansion club, who next face Adelaide away, haven’t endured such a bad losing streak since 2014 and they risk missing the finals unless Cameron stops the rot soon.

Meanwhile GWS coach Leon Cameron cut a disapoinnted figure after the match, with his highly touted side in danger of missing the finals.

Such a scenario would be an incredible fall from grace for GWS, who were touted as premiership favourites earlier this year after reaching the preliminary finals in 2016 and 2017.

“The scrutiny has been on us for the last two or three weeks. Will there be more? Probably,” Cameron said.

"We’re in the business of playing four quarters. Clearly we’re not doing that.

"So whether they come at myself or our coaching staff or players, it’s probably right. You can’t argue.

"We’ll look at all aspects of our footy club to make sure we’re reviewing in the right way. That’s what you must do when you have a form slump, you can’t run away from it, you have to hit it head on.

“We’ve got to be mentally a little bit tougher on each other.”

Cameron highlighted a lopsided tackle count (85-57) and clearance count (55-42) as among the most concerning elements of the loss to the Bombers.

“We’ve got to play and fight for four quarters,” he said.

"If there’s structural issue our coaches have to deal with it. If there’s effort issues then we’ve got to deal with it.

“We’re not going to shy away from hitting it head on … you can’t wish your way to a win.”

Tim Taranto will be monitored closely this week, having failed to finish Saturday night’s game because of a tight quad.

Phil Davis could return from concussion against the Crows, but Cameron noted the co-captain wouldn’t be a saviour.

“You can’t just pinpoint one person and say Phil Davis is going to come in and fix our issues,” he said.

Smith named in AA squad

August 27, 2018 12:00 PM

Devon Smith's outstanding first season at Essendon has been rewarded with a spot in the AA squad.

Devon Smith’s outstanding first season at Essendon has been rewarded with a spot in the AA squad.

Essendon midfielder Devon Smith has been named in the 40-man squad for the 2018 Virgin Australia AFL All Australian Team.

The brilliant recruit has had a sensational inaugural season in the red and black, locking down a position in the side’s on-ball brigade impressing throughout the year as a model of consistency.

Smith broke the home-and-away record for tackles with 187 this year, but it wasn’t just his defensive work-rate that stood out with the former Giant proving difficult to lock down when forward, booting 17 goals.

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

Essendon FC :heavy_check_mark: @EssendonFC

What a year for this man.

With that tackle, Devon Smith has broken our season tackling record.#AFLHawksDons #DonTheSash

1:54 PM - Aug 4, 2018

The 25-year-old spoke earlier in the year about his reinvigorated love for the game now that he is back with his family and friends and playing a crucial role for the Bombers.

“Being at home, being able to catch up with people for a coffee, or have dinner, little things. I feel re-energised with my footy, and I am really enjoying game day again,” Smith said.

“It’s a weird thing but definitely the best thing I have done in my career so far.”

Swamp@sirswampthing

Most tackles in a H&A season
187 DEVON SMITH 2018
183 Andrew Swallow 2010
182 Scott Selwood 2011
180 Matthew Priddis 2016
177 Rory Sloane 2017
176 Domenic Cassisi 2010
@EssendonFC #AFLPowerDons @AFL

10:27 PM - Aug 24, 2018

7 Likes

Just do whatever it takes!

Smith is exactly the type of pressure mid GWS need this week.

But even if they had him,hed probably be limited to the HFF.

Its just awesome recruiting by us to identify his skill set,and he has met us more than half way on delivering.

More than half way, certainly he has done that and more. e is the driving force that is dragging other players upwards in their pressure acts as well. He has set a higher standard for the entire club. Congratulations on the nomination.

Sounds like Devon has had a positive experience from moving to Essendon. I shall print, laminate and deliver.

6 Likes

Surely I’m not the only one who wants Donnington back?