Operation Human Shiel

His highlights vid EFC put up has him far more adept around goals than I thought he was.

The article doesn’t say what the response from the AFL was. Pretty important to know. My reading of what has been reported is that Carlton offered their 2019 first round pick and still considered themselves in the hunt on the last day of trading. So does this mean the AFL ok’d it? Or, did the AFL knock them back and they were out of the game at that stage, but the reporters got it wrong?

1 Like

FWIW I wanted Setterfield the most. He has the most potential to improve our side. But not at $400k per yr, when he has only played 2 games for modest output.

I’m guessing it’s a brown paper bag. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I would argue Shiel will improve us more. Happily. All day.

5 Likes

As long as Carlton got a future 2nd back off GWS as part of the trade they could have made it work

In any case it’s irrelevant as he didn’t want to go there

2 Likes

I suspect we dropped out of that race when Shiel nominated us…presumably for financial reasons.

Since when do rules get in the way of screwing the Bombers!

1 Like

Could have offered pick 1 for pick 9 next years first for GWS’ first and I reckon they would have had their attention.

Didn’t want him enough

Yes I think that’s part of the narrative they don’t want you to hear.

The blues members have been leaving in droves for years. They need anything, something to make it look like they’re turning the sinking ship around.

So make it look like they tried hard, and Shiel was actually really keen but it’s all the EFC fault.

In reality, they’d never off up pick 1, and he never wanted to go there, so they were never really in the hunt.

We just said we’ll take ya at the end of your first contract if that’s ok… The rehab guy at Carlton is really good and will get your knee right. See ya in a couple of years bud.

But that leaves only one option, C*nton’s 2019 first for Shiel and GWS’ 2019 second. Hardly a tempting deal?

I’m convinced it’s yet more ■■■■ pulling from SoS, published unchallenged by dumb suckhole journos cos it sinks the boot into us. As I said prior to the start of trade week, according to SOS they had about 52 players lined up, but zero tradeable assets given they took their 1 first round pick off the table. It was - very, very obviously - 99% bullshit.

No doubt we’ll fix that pretty quick.

So are Hawks fans.

Be funny if he is ■■■■■■■ big fish North finally lands.

Caaarlton/Shiel - not off to Never, Never Land.

Still trying to get my head around how this young bloke knocked back an extra 2 million over 6 years. That is ALOT of money. Man Essendon must’ve done the best sell job on him. Kudos to all who got it done.

Also hearing Joe has told the club he’s 100%. Obviously his word doesn’t mean a great deal considering he’s played multiple times under injury duress, but at least it seems he’s happy with where he’s at now. Hopefully he comes back next year and smashes it.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure Joe was 100% leading into the Melbourne and Hawthorn games too…

I’ll believe it if/when he’s out on the training paddock participating in full training.
Speaking of that, when was the last time he had a full pre-season. I’m sure he didn’t leading in to to 2017 and obviously 2018 was a write-off

I hate that they think a midfielder’s highlights should only be all the goals they kicked.

4 Likes

Those who believe this article would also be the type who would believe everything that comes out of the Trade Whisperer or Chicken Nixon.

1 Like

Mynott is looking good.

1 Like