Operation Human Shiel

Little Sunflower Cafe must be doing a roaring trade post Shiel’s announcement. Has anyone been? In respect of the events that took place there should be a yearly reenactment of how we landed this great man. Ah to have been a fly on the wall watching that convo unfold!

1 Like

13 Likes

Uh Oh…

Damian Barrett in his Sliding Door feature on the AFL Website made the attached comment.

I have also included a link for you to view the whole thing for context.

Ha ha - One very good review there!

2 Likes

Two- “Where deals get done” lol

He really is a ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ isn’t he?

5 Likes

You’ve been warned about reading this stuff by @SMJ.
I think he’s right. yep - I think it’s clear he is.

1 Like

If we’re to be honest…

Then we will admit for once and for all that l am a purple headed, know nothing flog of the highest order - Damian Barrett.

That is… if we’re being honest.

For myself, l will be content to never read or listen to anything this oxygen thief has to say, ever again.

8 Likes

The narcissists still exist. They are at AFL house

7 Likes

I still wonder to this day what happened? Who was there and what contribution did they have??
Hep opens things as captain… 'So Dyls thanks for swinging by mate for a Latte… I know you’ve got stacks on…me and the boys wanted to have a bit of a chinwag with ya knowing that you’ve got a big decision to make soon mate.

2 Likes

Another gem.

21 Likes

Ha ha - Love it

Who’s the impostor who wrote that?
Barrett clearly on holidays

It was Zach’s birthday so I reckon they started by singing Happy Birthday and they gave Dylan the bit of cake with the most chocolate icing.

4 Likes

And then Hepp said sorry Dyls no caviar here mate, we’re a bit more low key at Bomberland. We love each other like brothers and want a premiership… So are you in mate or are you looking to be mediocre for the rest of your career? Let’s just cut to chase… We want to play with ya, are you in or out(as he holds the cake back)… Shiel looks at him and says Skip, throw us that bit of ■■■■■■■ cake will ya I’m in… Already love you blokes.

2 Likes

To usurp us, SOS needed to go to Gillon & Dillon begging them to break the Trade Rules, according to Browne. That was almost certainly known to all the media “experts”, but don’t let technicalities get in the way of a good story.

Tom Browne Explains Why Carlton Could Not Have Traded In Dylan Shiel

Rudi Edsall

Image: AAP

Hot Breakfast footy reporter Tom Browne has explained why Carlton could not have done a deal for Dylan Shiel in the recent trade period.

LISTEN HERE:

“It’s actually a bit of a rules hiccup, which I don’t know if Carlton realised at the time,” Browne said.

“They were thinking of trying to trade using their future first pick.

“But they’d actually already used their future second pick on (former Giant Will) Setterfield and got that deal done… you can’t do both.

“They had to go back to the AFL and the AFL hierarchy including Andrew Dillon and try and get some kind of dispensation or undo the last deal.”

Shiel eventually got to Essendon for pick 9 and their 2019 first round pick, while the Bombers also got GWS’s 2019 second rounder.

2 Likes

ah SOS…

1 Like

Seems like a nice guy. He likes coffee. But I guess we know that .

** carries a footy around with him. Likes to touch the footy, a lot !

2 Likes

And that Blitz, is why it’s ok to wait until later in the trade period. No use shooting your guns early and realise you’ve left the big fish in the barrel to roost.

I’m pretty sure Hird discussed this on his podcast. How he (Hirdy) liked to always have a footy in hand and it was good for him as a player. Warnie has said the same as a cricketer. Makes sense.