Opinion: Pun Takeover and Saga-fication of Threads Should be Ban-Worthy

Discuss

Yes.

This should be a poll

Yes

All for it.
Give a warning though.
And I don’t have a problem with threads devolving into puns in the Dog’s Breakfast.
Player threads though…

I agree.

I am partial to a pun post or two but they’re becoming ubiquitous and it’s pretty tedious.

These days, it seems that anything that happens related to Essendon is at most six degrees degrees of separation from the saga.

If it’s easier to moderate by banning people, I’d have no problem with that.

Don’t like the pun threads - I’m ■■■■ at them

Depends, as some of the threads are interconnected and sometimes uncertainty about which thread to post on.
Would not object to a Mod’s warning that a post should be in another thread, or to desist from threads being captured by puns.

Merge all post into a â– â– â– â–  pun thread.

I’d rather read the Saga Thread than sift through all the constant ■■■■ puns on each topic.

yes

The pun thing is getting ridiculous but I don’t think you punish the first poster, I don’t want blitz losing it’s humour. Maybe the second or third posters should be warned.

I don’t mind puns. Anywhere.
But it should be restricted to one page.
After that it becomes annoying.

The saga crap ■■■■■ me because it goes for more than two pages, it’s of stuff already discussed in the saga thread and is usually on continual repetition.

Bans are a bit light on severity. I prefer firing squad.

1 Like

Both puns and saga posts are easy to deal with. There is a saga thread, keep that stuff in there, and have the mods post a warning in threads that are hijacked to that effect… Puns are a little different as the are an evolving thing, and bring a bit of humour to the place, so maybe after x amount of them in a thread (maybe, as Blummers suggested, a page) have the mods post a warning that there should be no more. In both instances if people don’t stop, give them a holiday to think about it. Repeat offenders longer holidays. All but the dimmest, or most obstinate posters, will learn pretty fast.

1 Like

While I see the merit of your idea, I fear it may make Blitz a worse experience. Perhaps one could somehow?? install a “pun ignore” option when upgrading to Blitz 6.0. Or, maybe just add a dislike option to then really set the cat among the pigeons.

1. Saga-fication. Any saga debate should be confined to the Saga thread, but if a player comments on the saga in the media - that should probably still be in the player thread I suppose.
  2. Puns. Not an issue for me, but I can understand that they get annoying. Would be good though if individuals could “mute” or hide comments and replies to it in a thread.

Saga-fication more of an issue than puns IMO. And easier to police.

Maybe just close the Daniher thread too, now that it’s been FUBAR’d.

1. Saga-fication. Any saga debate should be confined to the Saga thread, but if a player comments on the saga in the media - that should probably still be in the player thread I suppose. 2. Puns. Not an issue for me, but I can understand that they get annoying. Would be good though if individuals could "mute" or hide comments and replies to it in a thread.
On 1... I don't mind that a post is placed about the article or interview to begin with. But once it goes outside of the original message (I.e. Turns into a Bruce Francis letter posting all the ways we were wronged) then it gets annoying because of the length and repition of the message.

Meh. I have a scroll wheel & an ignore function.

Physician heal thy self.

I would go with a ban on REPEATED puns though, that’s when it descends into tedium.

Might help stretch Blitzers grey matter a bit & get more original thought, so in a way you would be doing them all a service.